Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day + 118

Hi all, well another eventful day in the on going story of Naoise in Newcastle. As you know I was to go to the RVI (another hospital in Newcastle) for my biopsy, well it kinda didn’t happen, but lets start at the beginning. Last night Zoe the nurse looking after me (she was one of the singers in my video) and had loads of medicines to get through as she wanted to get a head start for today. The problem was that the medicine machines / pumps kept playing up all night. I slept through them, but don’t think mum did. Mum went home this morning and had to leave at 6:30am along with granddad. My ambulance was ordered for 12:00 but for the whole morning we had loads of tests to do in order to be prepared. I had to have platelets, most of my day drugs, an ECG, more blood tests, etc. So it seemed that I was really rushed, which I hate. Anyway the ambulance came some time after 13:00 and we headed off to the RVI, but instead of the RVI we had to go to the new children’s hospital, called The Great North Children’s Hospital, which is on the same site as the RVI, in fact they only moved into the new hospital last Monday. I was on the emergency list which means that I have to wait till all those on the normal list are done and then they start on those of us who are on the emergency list. The other thing I hate and I forgot to mention was that I had to stop drinking at 11 this morning and I find this really really hard. Anyway back to the new hospital, it’s quite nice, very white, not fully finished and a bit like an airport terminal. So we waited and waited and waited. About 16:00 we were told that I would be delayed because of an emergency needed the operating theatre at this stage I was desperate for something to drink, but I couldn’t. then about 17:30 they came and told us that there had been another emergency and I wouldn’t be done today as it would be far too late. I was delighted. Not only was I not having a horrible biopsy but I could also have a drink!!. The bad news is that I have to go back on Friday for my biopsy, but this time I have a slot on the actual list, I’m number 2 on the afternoon list which means that I won’t have to wait too long (or at least I shouldn’t have to wait). Then we had to wait for an ambulance to bring us back, this is often the hardest part. Eventually we got back to my room in Newcastle General. As usual when I leave my room the team here come in a clean my room from top to bottom so it is always lovely to come back to. Because I was so good Anna (my nurse who was looking after me all day) said I could have a small drink of 7 Up and after a little break a small drink of Coke and in between water, water, water. Check out my photo, it’s me in my new cool chair drinking my 7Up. A hectic day coming to an end I hope I have a nice sleep and am not up too much. So that’s all from me. Nite nite love Naoise.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Naoise,

    Sounds like a hectic day all right! I can't imagine how hard it must be for you to go so long without a drink, bet that 7 up tasted great! It's terrible that you had to go through all that yet still have the biopsy hanging over you. Hopefully you won't have to wait on Friday. I hope you have an easy night to make up for your hectic day!

    I went to see Sadhbh's play tonight, her class did Mama Mia. It was so funny because one of the classes in the boys school did Mama Mia for their play 2 weeks ago and tonight lots of them came to see the girls version, the girls were brilliant. The boys sang along, danced along, waved their arms in the air and gave them a standing ovation at the end.

    Have you got into Big Brother yet? I'm loving it, they're all cracked, it's very entertaining.

    Thining of you always!! Night, night Naoise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naoise

    You poor poor thing...that sounded like such a horrible day (and a horrible night for you and your Mum). As I read your blog I kept wishing they would give you a drink. Those hospital fasts from food & drink are really unbearable and it was really rotten that you had to wait unnecessarily all day. Anyway, you look as if you are loving that 7-up in the photo, I can imagine it was one of the best ever! I hope Friday will be a quick turnaround...after today you deserve to be top of the list!

    Tonight we celebrated my brother's girlfriend's (Melanie) 21st birthday party. She has no family in Ireland but I think we all made enough noise to make up for that and she had a good day.

    As it was a bit late to bed Caoimhe didn't get to post, but she will tomorrow....I've promised her that.

    With a Mamma Mia play behind her, I think Sadhbh would have been a great asset at your half birthday party. When you come home she and you can lead us all in a Mamma Mia karaoke...that'd be great fun! By now your Dad must be quite good too with the old Abba songs!

    Sleep tight Naoise, hope tomorrow is nice & mellow and that you are feeling stronger.

    Always in my thoughts
    xx
    Aisling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Naoise,

    Sounds like a very hectic day in Newcastle for you! It is annoying that you had to wait around for so long without being able to have a drink. Just reading that made me kinda thirsty! I'm sure your 7-up never tasted so good though! Once again, you look like a lovely pink princess sitting on your throne!I hope that tomorrow will go smoothly and that your biopsy will be over before you can say..Westlife!Have a lovely day, thinking of you in France.
    Emma (chrissie's friend) xxxx
    p.s Film advice: Have you seen Grease yet? Maybe you have, but if not, watch it!! It's brill. I watched it last night and sang along to all the songs at the top of my voice. My neighbours must think I'm crackers! lol
    Ciaoooo bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Naoise,

    OHHHHH that sounds so frustrating! Hopefully Friday will be really smooth though seen as you have a place on the list.

    Love the photo, that chair and blanket look soo comfy. Finger crossed you had a good sleep last night.

    Everyone here is busy with their year ends, there is shorts and shades parties, teddy bear picnics, sports day, plays, tours ....I have to check lists everyday terrified I'll send them in prepared for the wrong event.

    As all 2 year olds Senan is exceptionally good at delay tactics when to come to bed time, at the moment we HAVE to rearrange his pictures on the wall, have at least 8 drinks (none of which are in a blue cup because seemingly that would kill him), eat 11 snacks (none of which he has already had that day because he can't have the same snack twice. The snacks also have to very small or he'll turn into a giant like 'super mario'. Anyway, tonight he came up with a brand new demand for sun cream going to bed because he was adament that if he got hot during the night he'd burn. I was so tired I put sun cream on him. I might try sell him on e-bay tomorrow!!

    look forward to your blog tomorrow,

    lots of love,

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Naoise,

    Thats so annoying, you poor pet. Im so sorry you had to wait so long, thats so frustrating. You had such a busy and hectic day.

    I hope the biopsy on Friday goes better and that you dont have to wait too long. Thats terrible you couldnt drink anything all day. Thats a lovely photo of you all in pink in your chair with your drink!

    Hope you had a good nights sleep after such a busy day. And i hope today is a less hectic day.

    Take care honey. Miss you loads. Always thinking about you.

    Lots of love,
    Chrissie x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Naoise
    Your photo with the 7-up is lovely. I love 7-up too. I got a pink shower cap with sparkly bits on it but I haven't tried it out yet. I think your pink half birthday party looked like loads of fun. I've never done karaoke before but I liked all the songs.
    Tomorrow I am going to the cinema to see Night in the Museum 2 with my choir and we are going to Glendalough on our school tour.
    I hope you don't have to wait long tomorrow for your biopsy and that you are feeling better.
    Lots of love
    Caoimhe

    ReplyDelete