Friday, June 12, 2009

Day +120

Hi all, a very busy day even by my standards. You know I mentioned yesterday I was talking to the nurses about what I could eat and drink, well here is how it worked out. I woke up about 7 after an ok kind of night (I was up about 4 times) I managed to persuade the nurses that I should have a peach smoothie. When they agreed I got Dad up to make it and good news it stayed down and was lovely. Then it was on to my ice pops, dad made 2 7Up & 2 plain water ice pops and I managed to get most of them down before my cut off time. Then Paula came in and we did some play time which was great as it helped pass the time before the ambulance men came. The other interesting thing that happened was that I got a letter from Brian Cowen wishing me good look. Everybody here was very impressed that I knew the Prime Minster (for our UK followers), his letter is now hanging on my wall. Back to my day, the ambulance crew came at 11:00 and we loaded up and headed of. You can see the video below of my day and of the new hospital. Dad said I was very brave. This was my 5th gut biopsy so I’m kinda of used to the procedure; the worst part is waiting around. Bethany my nurse today was great and brought everything we needed. I brought my laptop and 6 dvds. In the end we started to watch Wild Child and I fell asleep, in fact I slept till it was time to go down to theatre. I had my medicine and off I went fast asleep. I was back in my room in about 90 mins and then we called the ambulance to come home. Usually the ambulance takes ages but this time it was ready for us very quickly in fact too quickly for us, but they waited, which was very nice. We got back to the general hospital about 6:30 (can anybody spot a little flirting in the ambulance on the way back !!). We had a good bit of drugs and things to do because I was off the ward for most of the day. Also my tummy felt funny from all the poking that had happened. We will know the results early next week. I was supposed to have two tubes, one from each nose, but thanks to Sue (here on the ward) she found a new tube, one which had a tube within a tube (or at least that is how I understand it). One of them goes to my tummy and the other goes to my gut which they are going to try passing some small amounts of feed through to see if it helps my gut to improve. When all that was over we watched a very late version of Friends and then it was time for bed. I am very very tired and I hope I’ve a good night’s sleep. Nite nite, thanks to all for your good wishes. Lots of love Naoise.

PS Sorry this took so long, but we only have a 48Kbps internet access so it takes an age to upload picture and videos.


2 comments:

  1. HI Naoise, that was a really cool video you can be a film director when you leave school or a nurse... you know sooooo much. I hope thay you get a good nights sleep when you get back lots of love, thinking of you every day all the Murphy's xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi pinky wow oh wow i was loving my tour thats a great video cause we get to see everyone beth seems sooooo lovely im sure they are all lovely babe.

    that hospital is totally like an airport my god its so white and its so huge it looks nothing like our hospitals so big.

    well great to hear the biopsy is over again i know there awfull cause ur tummy feels funny not in a good way u know after i had mine done i left the hospital too soon and my blood presure was funny and i got sick into my fav pink handbag all over my wallet and all isnt that funny my mam was driving she didnt know wat i was up to i kept puttin my whole head in to the bag it was funny . had to throw the bag away.... oh well


    i couldnt believe all the stuff ur daddy was wheeling god ur very high maintanance honey but thats cause ur a princess. sleep well today honey u did so well babe xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete