Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day =100!!!! + 101


Hi all, You remember I mentioned that the Prof Cant wanted me to start a new drug called Siralimus, well I started that last Wednesday and it seemed to be doing something, I wasn’t up to the toilet as often which was good but then my tummy got huge and rock hard. Then on Friday I was told that I had Pancreatitis and it was quite serious. Prof Cant decided to stop the Siralimus as he thought this was the cause of my pancreatitis, he said that there was a 1 in 1,000 chance of this happening but as always if there is something strange to happen then it will happen to me!! So I am in 1000… how unlucky is that! I don't think I'll ever win the lotto!! Today my tummy is still huge and rock hard but it looks as though my pancreas is slowly going back to normal. My bloods are down a bit today. The pancreatitis caused them to go up a little but now they’ve come back down. My tummy is still very big and tender to touch and I’m still on a lot of morphine which helps to keep the pain away but can cause me to be very sleepy. So now I have GVHD, the adnovirus, an infected gut and pancreatitis so I need a new plan. The results of mummys bloods came back from Great Ormond Street and her white cells can fight the adnovirus. So on Tuesday they are going to take loads of mummys blood and send it to London where they will extract out the fighting cells and them put them into me. The hope is that mums cells will help my immune system and get rid of my adnovirus or at least keep it at bay. So the plan is that they will give my steroids a couple more days to see if the GVHD comes under control. My rash is still all over my letg, tummy and arms but it doesn’t seem to be as red. If I don't improve hugely by Tuesday then we will start ATG. This medicine kills all my T cells and will bring my GVHD under control but it will also set back all my blood cells to what they where on Day +1 so its like starting all over again. Its all a bit scary cos ATG will activate any virus and infections that is in my system so that’s the risky bit. I won’t have any immune system to fight them off. Yesterday I spent most of it sleeping but woke up for Friends and Britain Got Talent and the great news is that it will be on every night for the next week so I’ve got something good to look forward to each evening. Me and the nurses have come up with a plan which I’m very excited about. You know the way my Birthday is on Christmas day and sometimes my Birthday gets a bit lost cos that’s a big day for everyone. Well we came up with an idea for me to have a half Birthday. Its on 7th June and it’s a pink party. We are sending out half invitations and everything is going to halves J. I can’t eat anything so the play nurse and me are going to make a cake out of lollipops as I’m allowed to suck them. I’m also allowed to drink juice. Prof Cant was in today and he thinks I am much the same, no better no worse. He did think my rash was improving though. Mummy went into town today and got 2 pink outfits for my party, so I have to pick one out. She also got me cool pink sunglasses and a pink pearl bracelet. Paula came today too and we are making a bowl of fruit with clay. Will send on a pic once we’re finished it looks really good. Well I’m going to have a nap now so I can stay up for Britian’s Got Talent tonight!! Thanks to Jimmy and Una for the medals, I am wearing them now. Also for the magazines..!!! And to Mairead who works with Daddy for the lovely pink Card! And Aisling thanks for fashion set, and also to Bridge for the funny quotes from the kids..!! The nurses say I’m the most popular girl on the ward cos I’m always getting letters, I am so lucky!!! Lots of Love Naoise xxx

14 comments:

  1. hi honey hope ur feeling better my love.the weather here today was amazing but it was chilly a little when the sun went in my boyfriend kept laughing at me cause i changed about 4 times cause i was hot and cold.
    im loving ur birthday plans cant wait to see those pics .ur nurses are geniuses thats such a cool idea two bdays well u totally deserve it girlfriend .
    i cant believe you are getting cells from your mammy thats sooooooo cool and weird hopefully ur mams cells will kick some viruses asses.
    im loving britains got talent i love all the cool breakdancers id love to be able to do that me and chrissy are going to a rave festival thing in aug so we said wed start trying to breakdance for that so im trying to pick up sum moves u know think i got sum from that grandad hes looked doable.ha ha
    keep up the good work my little pink princess.xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi naoise
    i glad you are feeling better

    hope you win the lotto.

    from rachael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Naoise, Well alot going on with you .. sorry to hear your rash is back again but hopefully once you get your Mum's fighters they will sort it all. What a great idea to have a half birthday. Just finished watching Britain's got talent too, pity Natalie didn't get in but think Susan Boyla and Diversity are really good Who do you want to win ?? Thought the guy with the nose was disgusting Good Luck with the bloods and getting ready for your party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Naoise,
    A half year birthday is a cool idea and a great excuse for a pink party -I will be away on my holidays when it is on so will be looking forward to reading all about it when I come back and seeing the pics of course.
    Sorry you are having such a lousy time with all those horrible sounding infections and virus picking on you but between Prof Cant and your Mum's good cells I know you will be able to beat them all.

    Lots of love
    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Naoise honey,
    I am so sorry that you got pancreaitis it is just not fair. But you are such a fighter and your pancreas seems to be fighting back already. And with your Mummys cells in you too you will be like a "super chick" and will beat that GVHD and any other infection.

    A half year birthday party is a great idea and there is nothing like party to lift your spirits after the tough time you have been having! Hope you enjoy preparing for it hon.

    I love Britains got talent too and it is great that it is on every night this week and it is on just before my bed time of 9.30 cause Zoe turns into a bit of a party animal at 4 in the morning and wont go back to sleep until about 6.30 which is when Kiel gets up so I cant go back to sleep.

    Hope you have a good day and get a good night sleep. I am praying lots and have everything crossed that you will make a big improvement by Tuesday.

    Lots of love,
    Aunty Audy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forgot to say I love the pink glasses - very Paris Hilton!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Naoise

    You´re going to find this hard to believe but I think you are remarkably strong. Considering how sick you are, you are astounding not only us but the doctors as well I am sure. Well done & keep up the good fight, I think you are brilliant xx

    That is wonderful news that your mum´s blood is good for you - I am sure she is so happy to be able to give it to you and fingers crossed it will help in getting you better and maybe you won´t need all of those other medicines.

    That´s a great idea for the 7th of June. A birthday at Christmas can get "lost" a little bit though I know your Mum & Dad wouldn´t change it for the world because you were their best Christmas present ever. Actually the half birthday is such a good idea you should consider it for every year! Good things can start in hospitals too and that would be a nice tradition to continue (nice for welcoming in the end of the school year as well, I´m sure your friends would agree!)

    It´s a quiet day here in sunny Spain...Jack has an earache from the pool so we went to the chemist this morning and hopefully that will sort him out. Then we went to the butcher and got chatting about the Barcelona vs. Man United match on Wednesday. The butcher asked Jack who he supported before showing us the Barcelona tattoo on his chest! Then he nicely gave Jack a Barcelona scarf to wear over his Man U tshirt! Not sure if Jack was so keen on it though :-)

    Anyway, Naoise that´s enough football, I may have put you to sleep with all that! Praying and keeping everything crossed that the next few days are good for you. Stay strong, you are wonderful xx

    Lots of love
    Aisling

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Naoise
    I´m glad your rash is a bit better. We went to Barcelona and I got a Spanish dress and a fan. And on Wednesday we are going to watch the Manchester vs Barcelona match. We may be going to a waterpark too.

    I hope your pink party plans go well. And I hope all goes well with your Mums blood

    Lots of love Caoimhe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Naoise,

    I am so sorry you have pancreatitis now, it is just so unfair. You have had such a hard time and really deserve a break. You are so brave and strong honey. I think you are just so brilliant.

    I think about you all day everyday and i am saying loads of prayers that you will feel much better soon. I really hope your Mummys bloods will help. I also hope your rash goes away soon.

    I think a half birthday party is a brilliant idea. Your pink party and lollypop cake sounds great. I hope you have fun organising it. Its good Britains got talent is on every night this week.

    I love your sunglasses Naoise, they are gorgeous. I actually bought a pink dress today and i thought of you as soon as i saw it. Its really strong pink and i think you would love it!

    Take care honey. Miss you so much. Tell your mum and dad i said hello.

    Lots of love,
    Aunty Chrissie x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool shades, gotta get myself a pair!! Looking forward to the pink pics on the 7th!

    Ken. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey naoise

    I'm watching britians got talent too. I love it!!!!!!
    It was kinds obvious that susan Boyle was going to get
    Through though. I loved faces of disco.

    Talk to u soon lots of love Maevexxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Naoise,

    Luke and I just got back from Cork today. I took Luke to see his Nana and Granda for a few days. Ross and Greg stayed in Dublin with Vincent. Luke and I went to a Communion party on Saturday and they had a bouncy castle. Luke loved it. He was still jumping in it when the man came to deflate it and take it away. It's a wonder he didn't get rolled up in it and taken away too.

    We went to the beach on Sunday as it was so nice and sunny. Luke wanted to go swimming but the water was too cold. He can't wait to start swimming lessons in September in the CRC.

    Having a half birtday party sounds like great fun especially a pink one. It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland when they had a 'happy unbirthday' party, which meant you could celebrate your unbirthday 364 days of the year! I wonder what a cake made of lollipops will look like? It sounds yummy.

    That sounds like a good plan using your Mummys fighting cells to boost your immune system. We hope that starts to happen very soon.

    We love looking at Britains Got Talent too. Ross wants to stay up for the 2nd semi final tonight, though it's not over till 10.30 and past bedtime on a school night. I might give in though! Hope you have a good nap before you enjoy watching it too. I'll keep in touch.

    Bye for now,
    Lots of love always
    Vincent, Margaret, Ross, Greg and Luke
    xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi naoise love,

    As usual you are such an inspiration to us all - all you have gone through and you are sooo strong just like your mam and dad !

    Please god you start improving by Tues, you have to hurry up and start feeling better for your new birthday (what a brill idea by the way ). The nurses sound fantastic. Your mum says they are really kind to you but sure that wouldn't be too hard as I heard they are all mad about you ! Lookin forward to seeing all the pics.

    Well I will sign off here Naoise. Hope you get some good sleep tonight. Will be in touch soon.

    All our love and lots of hugs,

    Nuala, Matt, David, Sean and Cillian xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi naoise sorry that you have the rash i love B.G.T. [BRITINS GOT TALLENT] AND I LOVE FACES OF DISCO
    ttyl
    colleen xxxxx

    ReplyDelete