Monday, May 11, 2009

Day + 88




Hi all, Mondays are always really really busy and today was no different. I had an ok night last night. I had some morphine at 10:30 which helped me sleep until about 02:00 and then I was up for about 90 mins before I had another bit of morphine and slept till 05:00, from then it was every 40 mins, loo, sick, loo, sick. For a change I had my shower in the morning which was tough because it hard to tackle the shower when you are attached to loads of leads. Then Theresa, one of the doctors came in to check on me, she decided that I needed an x-ray of my chest to ensure it was ok. Just after Theresa the boss, Prof Cant came to see me. He said he was on his was to Leeds but just called in to check on me. He was happy with my progress and had some good news. He said my bloods were good for the last couple of days and he felt that it would be good to go out for a little walk later on in the day !!! Hurray, that’s the first time I’ve been out since about mid March. I had some more morphine and then went for a little morning nap while dad went for his shower. I was woken by another doctor who had come to check my tummy and he requested another x-ray. So back the lady came, this time for an x-ray of my tummy. All of this happened and it wasn’t even lunch time !! The afternoon continued very hectic, I had to have some bloods and platelets as well as my normal medicines. It must have been that I was excited, but before I got the all clear to go for my walk my temperature spiked and we had wait. At last at 16:00 I got dressed and went for my walk. It was only a short walk to the end of the corridor and out the front door to one of the seats outside. The sun was shinning but it was a little cold. I walked slowly and I was delighted to get out, but a little nervous. We met loads of people when we were out. Then it was time to come back. Amanda came in and we made the last of my soaps just in time for Friends. It’s now about 9 and I’m totally wrecked and am about to go asleep. I hope I’ve a good night. Today was such a busy day. Before I go just some thanks, thanks to Anne Mangan for the fab presents, I love the make up and my favourite colour. Also thanks to my grand ant Anne from Australia for the lovely card and great card game. It’s just so exciting getting anything in the post.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Naoise,
    WOW what a busy day, i bet it was great to have so much going on i'm sure it made the day go much quicker. And how great it is to see pictures of you up and out and about again....that can only be a good sign that things are getting better.
    Hope you have a good nights sleep tonight.
    take care
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you out and about Naoise! What a surprise! I know you are still feeling so yucky and have lots of things going on inside you that we are all still praying about, but Prof Cant's feedback today must have given you a great lift. I'm so happy for you but do take it easy.

    Have you ever played Cluedo? There's a player in that game called Professor Plum. I picture him in my mind when I think of your Professor Cant, though I am sure they are very different! In honour of your Prof Cant who is doing such a wonderful job looking after my wonderful niece, we will rename Professor Plum in Cluedo to Professor Cant from here on in this house!

    I hope you have a good night too. Fingers crossed. You are doing a great job, keep up the good fight and we'll keep up all our prayers.

    Lots of love
    Aisling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Naoise

    It is so lovely to see pictures of you out in the sunshine. It must have been great to get out of your room, and even better to have a bright day to enjoy.

    It was a warm, sunny day here in Dublin too. The 2nd Class girls who made their Communion on Saturday looked like angels in the sunshine, as they did their catwalk show around the school between getting class photos taken.

    It seems that the morphine is helping you to rest better and I hope that that has helped to keep your spirits up. Every time you pop into my head, I think of how brave and patient you are throughout every single day. I hope that you will sleep well tonight.

    With lots of love and hugs
    Ms Walshe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Naoise,
    I was so happy to see the lovely photos of you outside. That must have felt so good after so long in your room. I'm only posting this morning as Caitlin was so grumpy last night the only way I could get her to go to sleep was to climb into bed with her, I hope these teeth make an appearance soon!

    Aine is coming over to play later today, Oisin is really looking forward to it. She was sitting beside me in the church at the Christening and when the special prayer was said for you she told me that she had already said one, she says one every day. You were really missed on Sunday, as you are everyday but it was especially poignant as we were (almost!) all together. We missed your dad too of course.

    Sadhbh was in Feis Matthew yesterday, they had to make up a little play about "Unexpected Visitors", they were really good, especially when you consider they only got 5 minutes to come up with their ideas. They got 79/100.

    I better get Oisin to montessori!

    Take care pet,

    lots of love, Paula xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you Naoise. When you are out of hospital you will be in our house and that will be so happy for me.

    Love from Oisin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Naoise,

    Its so lovely to see you out in the sun. Im so happy for you that you were allowed out. Tha photos are so nice and its just great to see you out and about. Im sure you were really happy to be able to go out for a walk.

    You had a very busy day. Thats great that Professor Cant was happy with your progress. And hopefully you will get to go out for another little walk soon.

    We all missed you so much on Sunday at the christianey and we missed your dad too. Tell your dad i said hello.

    Take care honey.

    Lots of love,
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Naoise
    Sorry its been so long since we wrote, but we have have had a very busy week here, we still manage to read your blog everyday but its either too late at night and we have to go to bed before we write or we read before school and we are rushing. Anyhow brilliant to see you up and about, at first we thought we were looking at the wrong page number and that it was from March, say it felt great to get some freah air, hopefully the fresh air will help your tummy get better. My(isabelle) rabbit has been sick and we had to bring her to the vet she has two lumps in the side of her cheek and has to get an operation to drain them, we have to give her medicine everyday for 10 days, mom hates doing it and the snuggles hates taking it, he bit my jumper the other day to get away from the medicine. It was my gaga's 70th birthday today, so we had a tea party for him yesterday as a surprise. I (Sophie)bought him a tin whistle, he loved it but nana was not too happy with it.
    Well look foward to your next blog, better go now Ella wants us to sing mama mia with her.

    Love
    Isabelle and Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi naoise

    thats great that you got out i cant believe its been so long since you got outside.

    We have to go to the confo and sing we sang for commuion and got homework off.

    talk to you soon
    loves ands hugs
    rachael XxXxXxXxXxXxOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoB-)

    ReplyDelete