Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day +98


Hello Everyone, well today was another eventful day in the day of the life of me in Newcastle. I didn't have a good night at all, I had a pain in my tummy which got worse in the early hours of the morning. It got really bad and Bettany called the Doc. The Doc was the on call Doctor who was lovely but didn't really know me at all, he listened to my tummy and couldn't hear anything. He said I needed an x ray on my tummy. So the x-ray man came and the results were Ok. Then Teresa the BMT doc came in and said we needed an x ray of my chest so the x ray girl came and the results were OK too. Sooooo you know that I have been going to the loo every 20 minutes for the last 3 months, well now I have suddenly stopped which is a bit of a worry cos my tummy is now huge!! It is now 82cm... it looks a bit scary. The drugs have been changed around a bit in the hope that the fluid will go and my tummy will go down again. Its pressing on my lungs so its hard to breathe and it also hard to get out of bed now. Usually by this time my output would be about 1 and half litres so far is only 200mls!! So watch this space to see what happens. The good news is that my crp is now down to 170 and my neutraphils are up to 3.8. My platelets stayed at 71 then went down to 51 so I'm having a tranfusion now. 71 is the highest they've been for a while so thats good too. I was in a lot of pain this morning so the teacher didn't come in and neither did Physio. Hopefully I will be well enough to see them tomorrow. I did get to see Susan and Amanda and we finished off our Hema mobile, it looks really cool hanging off the TV. I am going to make a blue mobile for little Peter and a pink one for Baby Zoe, and another blue one for baby Ronan. We still have no news on whether we are going to Holland again or not. Mummy gave her blood today which has gone down to Great Ormond Street in London tomorrow we will have the results. Mummy had a big plaster on her arm and I got to pull it off!! I've decided I'm going to give Daddy a needle when he comes back on Sunday. Do you know that on Saturday I will be here 100 days!! Professor Cant the boss came to see me this evening, he said that he is working all weekend and will come to see me. He thinks that by Sunday morning I should be showing signs of improvement, Prof Cant wanted to put a bet of a bottle of Whiskey on it... I'm not that keen on whiskey though :-)). Gonna watch Peter & Katie Statside now..... night night Love Noaise xxx

9 comments:

  1. Hi Naoise,
    Wll a little bit of good news about your bloods not so good about your tummy,you can tell Professer Cant if he is right about Sunday Ill buy him a bottle of the best Irish whiskey.
    I sent over a little present with your Dad I hope you like it also a special medal from a nun I know who is going to say special prayers for a very special girl.Talk again soon ,.
    Lots and lots of love
    Jimmy and Una

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naoise,

    I had to read todays entry 3 times to make sure I got everything! So between two xrays, all your blood tests, platelet transfusion, visits from Susan and Amanda and gambling with Prof Cant your day sounds like a bit of a whirlwind! I'm your Mum was very brave facing the needle having you as such a good example. I'm sure your Mum and Dad, and all of us here, would take it all away from you in a heartbeat if we could. I'll second Jimmy and Una and send Prof Cant a bottle of Ireland's finest if he can make you more comfortable.

    Well it was all busy here today getting ready for tomorrow. Oisin told everyone we met today, complete strangers included, that it was his last day being 3. It's all terribly exciting being almost 4. Sadhbh and Oisin and Sadhbh's friend Louise made a cake, well in truth they assembled a cake, it's Big Cook Little Cook's train cake. The house that backs onto ours had a huge marquee assembled in their garden today, they are obviously having a big party - I hope it's nothing that a crowd of rowdy 3 and 4 year old boys might interupt.

    I have to say that your top is ever so pretty! I heard that you were looking for a back scratcher, we found you a nice pink one on e-bay, it's being sent directly to you, hopefully you get it in the next day or two.

    You don't mention your rash today, I hope its eased some.

    Wishing you a pain free night tonight! Lots of love, Paula xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. naoise

    i cant belive that on saturday you will be there 100 days.

    and i hope you get a great sleep.

    talk to you soon raxhael

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi naoise we might do another diary for you if you like that i really hope you feel better soon lots of love
    Colleenxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey naoise

    WOW on saturday you will be there 100 days!!!

    i am glad you did not make the bet with your doc with the whiskey(ugghh)
    i will send you some pics of ally,me,emma and my family

    talk yo you soon
    lots of love
    from amy mc eneff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey naoise
    Wow can't believe u almost been there 100 days!!!

    Nothing much going on here. My brother and I did a sale out side my house today with our old toys! It was funny.

    I hope you feel better soon lots of love Maeve xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Naoise,

    Wow you had a very busy day today. I had to read it a few times too so that i wouldnt miss anything. I cant believe you will be there 100 days on Saturday.

    That is so nice of you making a hema mobile for baby Zoe. That is so kind of you, your so sweet. I saw baby Zoe today, she has put on weight and is getting a little bigger.

    I sometimes watch Peter and Katie too, i really like it. I bought Ok magazine today and there was pictures of Cian from Westlifes wedding, there are lovely photos.

    Thinking of you all the time. Miss you so much.

    Lots of love,
    Aunty Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Naoise
    Well I hope your Professor Cant can hold his drink because I'll also send him the best bottle of whiskey if Sunday is a better day for you!
    I´m praying for everything to take a turn for the best this weekend. Thankyou for posting because I know from all you describe of your day today you are having a really hard time. But we are so proud of you for battling on in the face of all these hardships. With all my heart, I hope all of these will be a distant memory soon and you will be well and strong again.
    That is such a sweet idea to make mobiles for all the new babies in your life. Babies aren´t into much in the beginning (except food, hugs & clean nappies!) but they really love mobiles, so great idea!
    Cormac swam for the first time today. He just took off, it was great. But the strange thing is he can only swim under water!
    I had some mussels today and thought of you because I remember at the age of 5 you told me you loved mussels...that´s not something I´d forget easily as, aside from Jack, there aren´t many 5 year olds who tell you that!
    I hope you have a good night, that those bad tummy pains don´t come back, and all your meds & Naoise-power kick in to make this weekend a good one for you.
    Thinking of you always, lots of love,
    Aisling xx
    PS I agree with Paula, your top is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Naoise, poor you! What a day. Gosh Professer Cant deserves all the whiskey he is being offered if he is right about you being better soon. Im sure he is!
    That is so kind of you to make the mobile for Ronan. How lucky is he to have something made by such a special girl!
    Was your Mum brave getting the needle or was she as scared as she is when she is flying?
    Well I hope you have a good night & Ronan sends a big kiss to the brave girl whom he hears about and who he will meet very soon.
    Love Eileen x

    ReplyDelete