Monday, May 18, 2009

Day +94

Hi All, today is Sunday which is usually a nice quite day, but this Sunday wasn’t. I was up at 5 this morning when Dad told that I had two horrible things to get through. First I had to have an BG tube and then I had to go for another biopsy on my gut. These are two of the worst things you can do and I hate doing both of them. I was very worried and couldn’t go back to sleep so we watched the Bee Movie (I love) and Camp Rock. The nurses came in at 9 to do the NG tube. An NG tube is a thin tube that goes up your nose and is treaded down the back of your throat and into your tummy and it is a horrible feeling when it is going down your throat. Paula the play nurse was there to help me and Jenny and Karen (my two nurses) where great. When the tube was down they attached a bag to the end of the tube and it took all the fluids out of my tummy, which should help me not be as sick as I have been over the past weeks. Just when we were finished the ambulance people arrived to bring me to the RVI. The hospital I’m in is closing down slowly so all operations have to happen in another hospital in Newcastle. It is a very strange, and not great, feeling travelling in an ambulance. This is my 4th gut biopsy and this one was required to see if my GVHD had gone and if my upper and lower gut had improved. Having this done on a Sunday is actually not a bad thing as it means that you are not waiting for ages and ages. The operation was over and I was back in my own bed by four o’clock. Every time I leave my room all the nurses and helpers come into my room and clean it from top to bottom so I know I’m coming back to a lovely clean bed and room. Then I had another surprise. One of my best friend Laurna (from my school) and her mum had arrived over with my mum. I’m sorry Laurna that I was so wrecked that I couldn’t spend a lot of time talk, but it was lovely to see you and thanks for coming over. Sunday is hand over day, so Mum is staying this week and Dad and Nana are going home. Thanks Nana for coming over to see me. Well that’s all from an difficult and exhausting day. Lets hope that my results help the doctors to decided what to do next so I can get better. That’s all from Newcastle. Lots of love Naoise.

5 comments:

  1. Naoise, you poor pet! What horrible news to wake up to on a Sunday. I'm sure your Daddy hated giving it to you! You are so brave the way you face all these procedures and tests, especially when feeling as sick as you do. We'll say extra prayers for you that the results help the docs treat you. I hope the tube draining your tummy helps you too, maybe you'll get a good nights sleep now, here's hoping!!

    It's a schizophrenic day here today, one minute it is lashing rain, the next the sun comes out, very bizzare! We are getting ready for Oisin's party on Friday and our holidays on Sunday. We'll be away for a week. I'll try to log in and see how you are doing, there must be internet access nearby.

    Caitlin is now climbing up on all the furniture, you can't take your eyes off her for a second. She also keeps up a constant stream of chat, she says "jig-oo,jig-oo,jig-oo" or "oglegogle" over and over again. Wonder what she's trying to tell me?

    We think of you all the time Naoise, I really hope you have a better week this week.

    Lots of love, Paula xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naoise,

    You poor pet. Im so sorry you had such a horrible day yesterday. Having a BG tube done and a biopsy done in the one day must of been very hard, you are so brave naoise.

    You had a very busy day, i really hope you get some sleep tonight. I really hope your tummy feels a bit better soon.

    Thats really nice of your friend Lorna to come over to visit you.

    I visited Audrey, Kiel and Zoe on Saturday. Zoe is getting a little bit bigger, she is still tiny though. I babysat Sadhbh, Oisin and Caitlin on Saturday, they were all very good.

    I really hope you have a better week this week honey. I will say lots and lots of prayers.

    Take care. Miss you.

    Lots of love,
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi i hope the visit off Lorna was good hope you feel better
    lots of love
    Colleen
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Naoise,
    so sorry you are having all those horrible tests - they sound awful and you are great the way you are able to go through all of this and still be so cheerful on your blog.
    Hang in there and there will be some good news soon please God.
    Take care
    Love Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi naoise im so glad that you happy to lorna.

    we are praying for you every day.

    tomorrow its my birthday and we are going to the national museum.

    we got are green flag in mid march and we only put it upi today.

    were doing a conert and we are doing old days in dublin me rosin maeve and lorna and kate are vikings its verey funny . but still not the same without you

    thinking of you all the time

    rachael

    ReplyDelete