Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day +89


Hi all, well today wasn’t as busy or as hectic as yesterday, well nearly all of today. I had an ok night, I was up about 6 or 7 times but each time I got sick as well, which isn’t a great way to spend a night. M new thing, or should I say dad’s new thing, is that I have my shower first thing in the morning. I hate it as I would much prefer to just lie there for a couple of hours, anyway I had my shower and got back into a nice clean bed. I had my 10:00 morphine boost and feel fast asleep while the Bee movie was playing. While I slept Dad went for his shower. When I woke up that’s when things got really busy. First in was Amanda and a lady from the occupational therapy team came in and we did some drawing. Later in the week we are going to do some papier-mâché. Shortly afterwards Elizabeth, my teacher came in and we did some work. Then two of the physiotherapist came in, by this stage I couldn’t even talk to them so I just looked and nodded. Sorry ladies, but just too busy this afternoon. After all that excitement I had to have a little early evening nap and surprise surprise I woke up in time for the 18:00 Friends. Each Tuesday afternoon all the doctors on the ward have a big meeting to talk about us. This week they decided to reduce my steroids to just 2.5mlg per day and to order an MRI to check out my tummy. They are hoping the reduced steroids will encourage my own immune system to come out and fight some of the virus that are making me feel so sick. In general my bloods are doing well with my WCC @ 4.3; neut @3.07 which are ok. Lets hope these changes help my sickness. That’s all for tonight. Thanks to Patricia and Greg for my cool teddy and other goddies – I love them. Nite nite Naoise.

6 comments:

  1. hi naoise i am glad that you slept a bit better last night ireally hope you feel better
    Lots of Love
    Colleen
    xxxxxxxxxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naoise,
    Sounds like you had a busy day all right! Lets hope your own immune system comes out fighting!! And that the MRI can show them exactly what's wrong with your tummy so they can fix it.

    Aine came over to play earlier, herself and Oisin had a fine time playing, only one argument the whole time and that was because the two of them needed the loo at the same time, we managed to resolve it without any puddles!

    Night Naoise, hope you manage a good rest tonight.

    Lots of love, Paula xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Naoise,

    Sorry I have not been on latly, tried ringing you a few times but thhe phone is always engaged. I will try again tonight. Did I tell you that Anna made her communion last saturday, we had a great day, Mum said to tell you she looked gorgeous, I would have said lovely. We didnt go to bed till 1 oclock in the morning and mum had terrible trouble getting us up for 10 mass the next day.

    Miss you loads, Emma, Anna, Shauna, Barbara, Mick and Mimzy. (ps photos to follow)

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Naoise ,
    Its great to hear you got to go outside. And even better it was a great day so it was not cold!
    Lucy wants to join piona lessons and is practicing on day and night. She is very good and so was Sophie she played happy birthday at Jimmys 70th Birthday on Sunday. Well Done Sophie !!
    Tara and Lucy are starting swimming today and tara is very excited and she did it before and she is really good !
    We have Sports for All day tomorrow in school which Ailbhe is very excited for!!
    We have two sports Days Sports for All day and Sports Day which is like just running and sprints and you get medals.
    Well we have to go to Tara and Lucys swimming lesson now so bye!!
    And hopoe you have a nice nights sleep tonight !
    Love Tara And Ailbhe ! XxXxXxX
    ( and Lucy mom and dad but tara and i wrote it ! ) :0 :) :( :o :) :) :P :b :B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Naoise,

    You had a busy afternoon alright. I'm glad you woke up to see 'Friends' though. It will be great when your own immune system kicks in and starts working properly for you. It's great that your bloods are doing well, so hurry on immune system and do the same thing!! Ross got a mobile phone for his 12th birthday yesterday and he loves it. It's his first one. Greg would love one but he will have to wait 'till he's older. We went out for pizza last night to celebrate with Ross and Luke loved it. He told the waitress that his pizza was the yummy one and the yucky ones were for Mammy and Daddy. He's strictly a pepperoni and cheese pizza boy at the moment!

    We hope you aren't up too many times tonight Naoise.

    We will keep in touch. We think about you every day.

    Lots of love always,
    Vincent, Margaret, Ross, Greg and Luke
    xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Naoise,
    Sorry I have not posted in a while but everytime I go to post a comment something happens and I have to go usually Zoe gets a pain or is looking for food. But I have been reading your blog and your Nanna keeps me uptodate on your progress with a text every morning.

    Well Zoe is now 2 weeks old and is doing great she put on 10oz in the first week but is still teeny tiny. Kiel is adapting well so far to being a big brother and insits we give him his full title "big grother Kiel". He is full of sweetness and kindness towards Zoe but I do think that if she could talk she would tell him quit kising her so often.

    I hope you had a better night sleep last night (wednesday night) and the MRI scan helps the doctors find a cure for your sick tummy. It is 10.30 on Thursday morning now so I think your Nanna McGrath should be arriving soon - she is so looking forward to seeing you as she has missed you loads.

    Lots of love,
    Audy

    ReplyDelete