Friday, February 13, 2009

Day 0 - Transplant Day







Hi everybody, today I had my Bone Marrow Transfusion, but it took longer than I was expecting. First of all I was totally exhausted after my shower and spent most of the rest of the day asleep. I was supposed to have my transplant between 4 and 6 but due to the weather Newcastle airport was closed and my bone marrow was diverted to Edinburg. My donor was from outside the UK, I don’t know who they are or where they are from, I’m just grateful to them. In the end it arrived at 9 o’clock this evening. The transfusion is due to run for about 6 hours. I was very excited about the transfusion and I see this as a new beginning. Amazingly the colour of the transfusion was the ‘great and wonderful’ pink. The nurses let me press the button to start the transfusion. I am very excited by this! I hope you enjoy my ‘interview’ - which will be up on the blog soon. Night night, love Naoise. Xox.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Naoise. We know your very tired but we are delighted to hear things are going well. Glad to hear it was pink:D Tell your da he'll have to buy you the BIGGEST pink ballon for valentines day. *yes Derek, I mean the BIGGEST:P* From Ian hahahaha. Wishing you the best over the next couple of weeks. You are in our thoughts and our hearts...Love from the Molyneaux Family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naoise Michelle and Derek
    Just want to let you know what a wonderfull Daughter you both have,and it must be very hard on you both going through this tough time with her, my thoughts and prayers are with at this trying time.Looking forward to seeing you all soon.Aii my love Nana Carmel x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Naoise
    Its great to hear you sounding so positive! It is definiately a new beginning for you & u have been so brave!It's good your getting lots of sleep! Sounds like your being a great help to the nurses!!
    Take care - we are praying for u & look forward to your posts every day!
    love maggie & SĂ©adna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Naoise,
    I am sorry the transplant was so delayed, wow that was a long day on you all. It is great to hear you sounding so positive. You are such a strong person. Thanks for the update, I could not stop thinking about you yesterday and how it was all going. Hope you sleep well honey.
    Love Your Aunty Audy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool Pink!! Hope ya feel better
    Luv Shauna xxxxxxx <3

    ReplyDelete