Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day +10



Greetings from Newcastle General Hospital... today was very hard, I was very sick this morning and am feeling very very tired. I sleep lots but when I wake up I still feel tired and sick... :-( I did have two really cool nurses looking after me today and they cheered me up. Also Amanda the play nurse came in and we painted some pictures for the window. Nana went to Marks & Spencers for cheesey coleslaw, it was really nice. The doc came around and told mummy my platelet count was still low and that I would have another tranfusion. Its bright yellow and he calls it mango juice :-). He said that my magnesium levels are very low too so I got a tranfusion of that too. I still have a bit of an infection in my tummy that they are keeping a close eye on. Between that and five anti-sickness drugs, steriods, antibiotics, anti-rejection drugs and so much other stuff that I have no clue of my day is pretty much taken up with the nurses giving me all my medication!! Somewhere between day +12 and + 16 my white blood cells which are called Neutrophils should start to go up and that will be a sign that my body is accepting the bone marrow so fingers crossed!! The days and nights are very busy here and believe it or not they go really quickly. The TV broke today so we watched Meet The Parents and Mama Mia. I think I will sleep really well tonight cos I am so tired. Tomorrow is Monday, not sure if I'll be well enough to see the teacher.... will let you know. Can anyone guess who the famous visitor is on Friday..... love Naoise xxx

11 comments:

  1. Hi Naoise,

    we have just read your blog. I hope your sleeping and feeling a bit better. We all really miss you and love talking to you when your well enough. Anna wants you to know, it is almost her birthday (another month 16/03 :), Emma told me to tell you she missess you loads,
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naoise,
    Anne Mangan here. It is so interesting reading your blog and you are so good to keep it going even when you are not feeling well. It sounds very busy over there with school work and exercise and all the meds and you still have time to catch up on your fave movies - phew what a girl!!. Hope you start to feel better soon and say 'Hi' to your Dad from me.
    Love and best wishes - Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey naoise you are sooo brave.
    keep your chin up,and dont bother worrying about your hair it will grow back very soon!!! we all are missing you dearly and cant wait once you get better,so we can talk to you on the web-cam from class.love you lots,
    hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Naoise,
    Im so sorry today was hard, you poor pet. I really hope you start to feel a bit better soon and i hope your tummy gets better soon too. Im glad u had some cheesy pasta. Meeting the parents is a great film, i hope your tv is fixed soon!
    Ok i will make a guess about your famous visitors on Friday...is it Ant and Dec?I guessed them because i know they are from Newcastle!! Take care honey! Miss you loads.
    Lots of love,
    Aunty Chrissie x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi hon,

    You are so good to keep up the updates even when you're so sleepy. It's so good to be able to catch up on how our little lady is. You must be so excited about your famous visitors! Please give us a clue - how many will there be?

    Hope you're enjoying having your lovely nana over to visit.

    Dream in colour,

    Gail x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Naoise
    Sorry to hear you are not feeling the best but hopefully that will start to improve very soon. Cant wait to see photos of the cool bandanas! I bet you have a pink one??? Gosh I know what the cravings are like and custard is definitely one of mine - gorgeous! When I was watching Ant & Dec the other night I was thinking about you and was wondering if that is who your special visitors are...... Was your Mum singing & dancing along to Mama Mia - hope she didnt embarrass you!
    Talk soon, Love Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Naoise,
    You have me wanting cheesy coleslaw now, yum! Your day sounds very busy. I'm glad you have nice nurses who cheer you up.

    Sadhbh makes me go rollerblading with her, she says I have to wear Phil's bicycle helmet. She won't skate beside me because she says I wave my arms around too much. I think I'm getting really good though I still have to run into a wall to stop.
    Sadhbh and Oisin went back to school today, Caitlin was looking for them.
    I hope you have an easier day tomorrow. Lots of love, Paula xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. is the special visitor ant and dec cause i heard they were back in newcastle

    kate and ciara signing off!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Naoise,
    Nana Ruth here. Im sorry to hear you had to have a transfusion. I hope you are feeling a little better. Is your special visitor Cheryl Cole....I think she is from Newcastle!! It is your grandads birthday on Wednesday. Aine was very happy to see Derek on Saturday.
    Take care.
    Love Nana Ruth and Grandad x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Naoise Alice here saying hi .I am so sory your felling sick but hopefully you will get better in a few days .You are lucky to be having famous visitors come to see you on Friday I think they might be Ant and Deck I here they are coming bake to Newcastle or maby even the hole Westlife band but who knows.Anyway thats all for now bye:) luv Alice:).

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi noise is the speical visitor ant and dec but that would be so cool if they got to see you hope you are feeling better. and i really hope your bloodcells and bone marrow could be bffs don't worrie about your hair to much because it will grow back and PINK NAIL VARNISH WOW . SENDING ALL MY LOVE FROM ME AND MY FAMILY. Colleen

    ReplyDelete