Thursday, February 26, 2009

Day +14











Hi All, Today was sooo much better than yesterday. I had a pancake for breakfast so I didn't need to be fed down my tube. Then at lunch time I had pureed carrots with peaches and custard for desert... then at dinner I had lasagne and now I feel like a sponge cake... hmmmm... think I might be getting my appetite back! I woke up early and mummy read to me, then the doctor came and said I was doing great!. My neutrophil count has now gone up to 0.09. After that I had a shower (which is so much easier now cos of my lack of hair!) and then physiotherapist Clare came. She was pretty tough and I was wrecked afterwards (but she is really nice I know she is reading this :-). Check me out on my wobble board with no hands!! We tried to put on my socks but we’re not quite there yet. We’ll get there though!! Then the teacher came and we are making a really lovely handbag… No maths today – yay!!. Watched the DVD Hairspray and then Paula the play nurse came in and we made sequined postcards. Paula also brought me a brochure for wigs.. I can pick out two. They are really cool wigs, I am getting one with a scarf and one with a bandana. Am still thinking about colours. maybe one dark and one blonde… although I do like being blonde.. have to think about that one. After all that I fell asleep and woke up just in time for Friends. Mummy said I was talking in my sleep and I kept saying ‘lift your arms’! Clare’s instructions are really stuck in my head :-). Thanks everyone for all your comments, its part of our evening ritual to read them!! Gail thanks so much for the song, its really fantastic. You should write songs instead of being a nurse :-) Mummy sang it to me very very badly… she should not give up the day job!! Anyway, I’ve now got to work on making a bowl of sponge cake with custard disappear….. tough life talk to you tomorrow xxx Oh and tomorrow I will send pictures of who the famous vistors are.. no one has guessed yet...and Oh I've been here exactly a month today!! xxxx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Naoise,
    Yay you are feeling better today. I have a joke for you

    Why did the chicken cross the park?
    To get to the other slide!

    Mark in Copeland Grove

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Naoise
    Kim & Brian Here. You certainly sound much better and we love the new look! Definitely much better looking than Sinead O'Connor thats for sure. Great to hear that your neutrophil count is up, even though we don't really know what that is?! Sorry we haven't been in touch we have been having problems with the computer. We both think that your surprise visitors will be Westlife as you love them so much but we could be wrong, well whoever they are make sure you get lots of hugs and autographs.
    Thinking about you always.

    Take care & god bless. Lots of love Kim & Brian xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Naoise!!
    In a bit of a rush :1
    just want to say its super de duper that you are getting better!!
    well loves you lots
    ailbhe xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Naoise, Trisha in Kill here, glad to hear your are feeling better and that you are getting your appetite back. You'll soon be eating as many pancakes as Sean:P Dying to know who the Visitors are:D Tell dad we said hello. Lots of love,
    From The Molyneaux Gang

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Naoise
    Hope you are better. I love you. I think a blue & black wig would be nice but you might like a pink & purple one. That's all. Cormac

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Naoise,
    Great to see you up and about and doing your exercises with the physio. it seems you had a good day yesterday which is good. I have a feeling that your visitors today will be the Newcastle football team and in particular Damien Duff....am i right??
    who ever it is i hope you have a great day with them and get lots of pictures.
    take care
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Naoise,
    Great to hear you are getting your appitite back.All yummy things you are eating now,I know your physio is very hard but the more you do it the easier it gets.Out here they bring snakes,bears.and monkeys into the bars for tourist photos,guess what they brought last night ?a baby elephant.Still have not a clue about celeb.Say hello your Mum.Love GaGa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Naoise
    Its great to see you up and on the wobble board. You look so confident. It just proves what we all said from the beginning - you are so strong and would be getting better in no time! Well done & keep it up. Oh Naoise my head is wrecked trying to think who the visitors are but as you say no one has been right so far so I am totally lost. Oh well only another day to wait. Cant wait to see the photos tomorrow. Love Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete