Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My Treatment - Day 3















Hello Again, well today is day 3 and I'm fine so far. I painted the windows today!! It was great fun!! Check out the photo below. Mammy and Paula the play nurse helped me. This morning I fancied a lie in so I texted Mum & Dad and told them not to come until 8.30. When they arrived I had Spaghetti hoops for breakie, I actually ate loads today. I started chemo this morning and had lots of drugs through my central line and now I have to have yucky mouthwash four times a day!! I have finished the medicine to kill off my bad cells. I was a bit wobbly again but I still managed to eat fish pie for my dinner, then noodles, then malteasers, a bag of crisps and an entire bag of microwave popcorn. :-) The teacher came today, she loved my books and is going to do actual experiments with me for Science. Today some clown doctors came too, they were very funny. They weren't able to come into my room but I could look at them through the window and talk to the them on the telephone intercom thingie.. they were great fun and they are coming back next Tuesday. We watched another movie tonight called Game Plan it was really good. I'm going to get some sleep now the nurses have to wake me during the night for all my tablets.. last night I spilled milk all over my bed in the middle of the night and had to change my PJs...talk to you again tomorrow xxx

6 comments:

  1. Good moringing Naoise, it is not snowing in Dublin and we all have school. We have just read your blog and we now feel you are turning into a little pig. We would love maltesers, popcorn, crisps and noodles but we are not allowed, poor us!!!!Shauna is going to get loads of phots of your party and Wexford and we will load them up. We miss you loads, love and love and love and love, Barbara, Emma, Shauna, Anna, Mimzy XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naoise, everyone in your Mam's office is reading along and asking about you. Your room looks cool, especially with the intercom phone (must get one for my office too!). Hope the clowns made your Mam smile too (reminding her of everyone here). It seems the hospital are really looking after you and doing everything they can to get you better quickly. Keep up the good work with the blog. Thinking of you. Xx. Ken and the SimulTrans crew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Naoise, how are you honey? It was great talking to you yesterday, i will ring u again in a few days! Thanks for updating your page everyday, i look forward to come to work in the mornings just so i can go on to your page and see how u are. I dont usually look forward to coming to work in the mornings! How is your dad in his lovely pink apron? I love the photos of your room and your paintings look brilliant! Hope your ok. Thinking of you. Miss you. Love you loads, Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Naoise, it's Nicky here from Aines' creche. I have your blog address up on the computer so all the girls in the creche are following your progress. You are very good to keep it updated, it's great to see how you are doing. I must say your room looks great and I like the diet, crisps and chocolate........ mmm my kinda diet!! Aine is talking about you a lot, and telling all her friends here that you are on a big adventure. We are all thinking about you and send you loads of love, hugs and kisses. XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Naoise honey, you did a great job of decorating your window. Sounds like the hospital staff are doing a good job of keeping you entertained. The snow has all melted here, Kiel was very disappointed, he loved playing in it. Thinking of you lots.
    Love Aunty Audy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool shades, gotta get myself a pair!! Looking forward to the pink pics on the 7th!

    ReplyDelete