Thursday, April 2, 2009

Day +49

Hi everybody, today was an interesting day, but more of that later. I had an ok night I slept from 10 till 3 but then was up fairly regularly. It was good the get those 5 hours sleep. Remember I said that the sandwich toaster was brilliant; well I decided to have a toastie for breakfast, which was yummie. The morning flew by with doctors, nurses, teachers and Amanda all coming in. For dinner I had a cheese burger (I sent dad out for bun burgers), it was only ok. Then I had my shower and surprise surprise I managed to touch my toes while washing myself. I was really delighted because due to my arthritis I haven’t been able to bend down to touch my toes for nearly 4 years so I was delighted and it cheered me up for the whole afternoon, so you see it was an interesting day. I fancied garlic bread and pasta for my tea, so I sent dad out to find garlic bread, which he didJ. After tea we watched a DVD called Cinderella Story, which was very good and then Eastenders, which is not very good. Lisa, one of the nurses who minded me brought me in some sleep spray for me to try & I’ve high hopes that it will work tonight. Before I go I just want to say thanks to a few people. Thanks to Anne Mangan for my lovely parcel full of Westlife stuff and DVDs – loads of good watching. Also thanks to the Clontarf Credit union for the brilliant Easter bunny teddy, he is sitting at the end of my bed. Lastly thanks to Sophie, Isabelle, Elle & Euan for the great magazines and fab Easter cards (I now have an Easter Card wall beside my St Patrick Card wall). Thats all from Newcastle, nite nite, lots of love, Naoise

7 comments:

  1. Hi Naoise,
    Well done on touching the toes, that is brilliant news. Glad to hear you got 5 hours sleep in a row. Hopefully the sleep spray works tonight and you sleep all night. Tomorrow is my last day in work and then I am on maternity leave, 3 weeks from saturday to my due date. Mmmm...you are starting an easter card wall, I will tell my little Picasso to get cracking on making an easter card for that wall.
    Lots of love,
    Audy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naoise,
    So, so glad you got 5 hours sleep last night. And hopefully with the help of the sleep spray you'll have a few more tonight!

    So thrilled to hear you touched your toes, well done!!

    We had another lovely day here today, Sadhbh and Oisin spent ages in the garden. They both get their holidays tomorrow, 2 whole weeks off. I asked Sadhbh was there anywhere she'd like to go while off school, she said the only place she'd like to go, the only person she'd like to visit was you! If you are ever allowed visitors, even if it is just days before you are due to come home, I promise I will bring Sadhbh over to see you!

    Sweet dreams, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Naoise

    Thats brilliant on touching your toes, next you will be doing cartwheels down the ward. Last day of school before the easter hols Yahoo. I(Sophie) won pupil of the month in school, so my picture goes outside the principles office. I'm glad you liked the cards and mags, I bet your easter wall will be full of cool cards soon. Toastie sounds nice for breakie, better than the porridge we had. Thats great you got 5 hours sleep, I think it will keep getting longer now. I(Sophie) had a sleepover with the brownies on Saturday and only got 4 hours sleep so know how tired you must feel. Isabelle did not go cause she is afraid of the dark, so her and Euan had a sleepover in the frontroom downstairs in our house. Anyhow hope you got more sleep last night. Better go to school now.

    Lots of Love
    Sophie and Isabelle
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Naoise,
    Thats great news you are able to touch your toes,and you got a couple of hours sleep.I hope Tilly who looks after your food in Temple Street is taking note of all kinds you are eating now.We do not have Easter here no eggs for the kids or anything,but we do have a water festival,where everybody throws water over each other,you are walking down the street and some body throws a bucket of water over you and rubs flour on your face.Every house and bar has a barrell of water outside to pour over people,it is great fun and is for good luck.You dry off in a few minutes it is so hot.It is now 2.30pm here so hope you had a good nights sleep.Lots of Love GaGa xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi How are you ???


    How are you doing ove in Newcastle



    The whole class wrote you a card and i'm to send them all over It was really fun making them




    We all cant wait til you come home




    Me and Lorna we will die if we dont see you soon ......




    Dont worry we will like its nearly over ...



    <3<3<3 XOXO =)=)=) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry On the note above I had no r on over and I know what your doing over there but like what keeps you busy ??? XOXO Fodhla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Naoise,
    Thats brilliant news that you can touch your toes, well done honey! Im so happy you had 5 hours sleep in a row, i hope you have a good nights sleep tongight and i hope the sleep spray helps. Im glad you have an Easter card wall, im sure you will gets lots of Easter cards!

    Tell your dad i said Hello! Take care sweetie. Miss you.
    Lots of love, Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete