Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day +61

Hi all, today was an interesting day. First of all last night wasn’t too bad. I went to sleep at 10:00 and woke up at 12:30; 3:30, 5:30; 7; 8 & 9 which for me is a very good night sleep. I didn’t fancy any breakfast but the great news is that the Remote Control dried out and worked this morning, so we got to see loads and loads of TV. There was a brilliant film on this afternoon, I don’t know the name but it had Chandler from Friends in it as a teacher. For dinner I had some oven cooked carrots, sweat potato and garlic; the whole ward smelled of garlic, it’s a good job I like it. Unfortunately the dinner wasn’t great and I swapped it for some macaroni and cheese which was only slightly better. The Boss (Prof Cant) came in to see me again and to wish me luck for my trip. He thought that my rash was slightly less red today then over the weekend. Later in the afternoon both dad and I went for our afternoon nap. Dad slept, but I don’t think I did. For dinner I had some salmon, which was yummy, but again the ward smelt like fish! The other people will love me J. Then it was time for Friends, oh how I missed them J. That all for today. Nite nite from Naoise in Newcastle.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Naoise,
    I'm glad your night was slightly better and that The Boss felt your rash wasn't as red. Great news on the remote control too!
    Best of luck on your trip tomorrow!

    We went bowling today with Kiel, Senan, Eva, Keelin and Connell. Oisin kept trying to crawl into where the balls roll back out and we kept the lane staff busy rescuing balls that had come to a complete stop. It was fun.

    Fingers crossed for tomorrow pet. I really hope those stem cells work some magic for you.

    Lots of love, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hya Naoise!
    Best of luck tomorrow.
    Sounds like you timed that fish dinner well, you'll arrive back and the smell should be almost gone :-)

    Hurry back with a full report!
    Dara, Colette & Fred xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi naosie
    i saw that movie too i dont know what it was called either.But you are right it was really good i enjoyed it.

    i wish you luck tomorrow and hope them cells work which they probly will

    lots of luck

    rachael ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Naoise Best of luck for your trip 2moro Really hope the stem cell treatment does the trick & u start to feel much better really soon!
    Thats great news that your rash has improved & its also good that the remote control is working again! ;-)
    Take care 2moro & hope you have a safe & successful trip!
    luv maggie & séadna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Naoise

    I'm so pleased that you slept a little better last night! I hope that the scent of your cooking won't keep the whole hospital up tonight :p

    Best of luck with your trip!

    Ms Walshe XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Naoise
    Good morning! I'm so so happy you had a better nights sleep the night before last and I hope last night was the same or even better. Hopefully it will make your trip to Holland a little easier.
    Great about the remote control too! You know when I read your post yesterday I took extra care when changing the bedsheets because recently when your Dad has burnt your food, so have I here and when your TV broke so did ours here! So I did not want to tempt fate and copy your remote control trip in the washing machine! Thanks for the tip off!

    Best of luck today, we are all praying for you. We just want you to get back to your sunny self with no sickness at all. Hope you get some of that nice Dutch soup you had the last time!

    We all send you lots and lots of love,
    Aisling, Michael, Jack, Caoimhe, Cormac & Donncha xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Naoise,
    Best of luck tomorrow. We will be thinking about you. We are glad to hear you had a fairly good nights sleep and glad also to hear your remote control is working again. Reminds me of the time I tried to clean out our fish tank with my non-waterproof watch on...oops! Thats funny about the smell of garlic and fish being so strong after your meals. I remember boiling eggs for a salad once and I swear the house smelled of eggs for days..not very nice! We had Luke (3yrs) swimming over Easter and he adored it. He was able to manage alone with just his armbands. He wants to go swimming every day now. With the rain we had today, he could have had a swim in the back garden. We hope you have a good nights sleep tonight Naoise. We will be thinking about you tomorrow and looking forward to hearing how you are doing afterwards. Keep smiling.

    Lots and lots of love
    Vincent, Margaret, Ross, Greg and Luke
    xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx

    ReplyDelete