Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day +55 and Day +56


Hi Everyone, well no big news today really, no change, nights are still the same and days are still the same. Sore tummy, a rash and generally feeling rubbish. My rash is very very itchy and driving me made. I have some more viruses in my stool and one of them has made it into my blood stream which the doctors expected, all of this causing me to feel really awful on top of the tiredness. I actually haven't slept in a month! I am looking for a back scratcher, mum is my back scratcher right now! Yesterday I had my skin and gut biopsy in the Royal Victoria Hospital. We set off in the ambulance at around 12.00 and eventually got into theatre at 7.00 and got back to the BMT ward at 11.30! I was so so tired, then I was up all night again :-(. Today Nana came! We had a great chat when I woke up this morning and she told me all about Mum when she was a little girl. Then she went off into town to get some bits and peices for me. I had half a bananna for breakie, then for lunch I had chicken casserole from a tin, the chicken was a bit rubbery but the sauce was really nice so I dipped some buttery bread in it. Then for tea I had my usual Oxtail soup. A then some Easter egg!! Nana came back from town and told us she fell, she was limping really badly so Mum took her to A&E they strapped up her ankle and said she has torn her ligiment. Poor Nana but at least she was in the right place! She can have my wheelchair if she needs it, she has gone back to the flat for a rest so hopefully she will be better tomorrow. Amanda came today and we made chocolate truffles they are yummy. We put in chocolate drops, vanilla essence and UHT cream, they were so yummy. Amanda also gave me a mini egg Easter egg which is one of my favourites, thanks Amanda! Yesterday Miss Newcastle came to the hospital and I got an Aero Easter egg. I also received a package from Bridget and Aine with a lovely Lamb Easter egg, thank you both!! Also a big thanks to Kim and Brian for the easter cards and craft stuff, I will be busy making Easter Cards. We didn't get the results of my biospy yet. We thought we would get it today but the doc came and told us it would be tomorrow. We are going to Holland again next week so thats another day out and we will see Jane the paramedic again!!! I'm also hoping that I'll get the same soup I got in Holland last time. Westlife from the beginning is on TV tonight so I will be glued to that!! Nite Nite Love Naoise xxx Oh and Emma I got your letter today, thanks so much the photos are on my door so everyone going can see me & you! xxx Oh Oh and Amanda fixed the TV while we were gone yesterday, we had to get a new box, thanks Amanda xxx

7 comments:

  1. Hi Naoise,

    I'm sorry we've not posted in a few days, we went to Sligo for a few days to visit a friend.

    So sorry to hear you are having such a rough time of it! I keep hoping and hoping that things will get easier for you. Can the doctors give you anything to take the itch out of your rash? That must be driving you mad altogether. Fingers x that the biopsy gives them the information they need to make it go away.

    We are going to Aine's party tomorrow and then off to Cavan for a couple of nights. I'm so glad you got the TV working again, it'd be dreadful to miss Westlife!! Those truffles sound lovely. Sadhbh is looking forward to eating chocolate again, she has quite a large amound stockpiled for Sunday!!

    Night, night Naoise, I'm praying you manage to snatch some sleep!

    Lots of love, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naoise,

    You poor pet, what can I say, things sound miserable! Thank God for 'Westlife from the begining' being on the box at least that was something to look forward to. And it must have been great to see your Na Na, a new face to talk to!

    Yesterday sounds really tough, we were thinking about you all day. Na Na Ruth was updating us throughout the day via text on what you were at. She hasn't been texting that long so her texts are quite ....how will I put it...sparce on words, but we got the gist of it.

    Aine's birthday tomorrow, the big 4. I'm sure she'll be on to tell you about her pressies. She'll really miss you being around.

    So delighted the TV got fixed, I'm sure you were relived as well!

    Night for now, post tomoorw.
    love
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Naoise I am so sorry to hear you are still having such a horrible time. And I know your blog doesn't even begin to describe the half of what you are going through. You are so brave and we are praying so hard that you get better soon.

    Do you know when you will be going to Holland? You can impress your dutch friends (though I am sure they are very impressed already) with some dutch words that your teacher gave you in another posting.

    Well it bucketed rain all day. I got Aine's birthday present today - it's something for her to use in the garden. I hope we start to get some better weather or else there'll be a wheelbarrow plus a few more bits living IN your house!

    Your truffles sound lovely. I've never made them before but I'm going to give it a try over the weekend now that you've put the idea into my head.

    I made a guinness beef stew yesterday which tasted even better today! Michael, Caoimhe & Jack thought it was lovely but Cormac took one look at it and said "that's disgusting". He says that about most dinners. He definitely would not like your oxtail soup! Anyway, the bad news is that Donncha, who up until yesterday would eat anything, has started copying Cormac and is calling his dinner "dish-gushin" too!

    By now you'll have finished watching Westlife, I'm sure you loved it. I hope somehow you manage to get some sleep tonight and I really hope tomorrow is a better day.

    Lots of love
    Aisling
    PS. I hope your Nana's leg is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Naoise,
    today I went to the zoo and I saw the new giraffe enclosure.The enclosure had a cool play ground.

    I hope you feel better very soon.I hope you
    have a nice night of sleep.
    from Sadhbh xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Naoise,
    I like you so much, I want to visit you. I'm going to Aine's party because she sent me a card to go. I got a new teddy, it's named Snowy. If you come to my house I will show you it.
    I love you so much. I am going to draw you a monster card tomorrow.

    Bye, bye. Oisin.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Naoise,

    Its Aine here. Im in Nanas house and Chrissie is typing this message for me. Its my birthday today. I got a big trampleen from my mam and dad. Thank you so much for your present Naoise, i love my baby bath, the bath and the pram. Im excited for my party. I miss you.

    Love Aine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Naoise,
    Im in Nanas house giving her a piano lesson and Aine and your Daddy are here. I just gave Sadhbh a piano lesson.

    Im so sorry your having such a tough time. Thats so terrible about your rash, that must be so annoying. Yesterday sounds very long and tough, you poor pet.

    Thats terrible about your nana, i hope she is ok. I have a few days off work because its Easter, which is great. I got one easter egg so far it was a moro one, i ate it already. Take care honey.
    Lots of love,
    Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete