Sunday, April 5, 2009

Day +51 and Day +52


Hi All, sorry I didn’t update my blog yesterday. I was up all night and was really tired. Today I woke up after being up all night yet again and had toasted cheesey for breakie. Then I had a nap, then I watched a bit of Wild Child. Amanda came and I made a card for Aine as its her Birthday on Good Friday. Then I had some oxtail soup but I didn’t manage to eat it as it went cold while I was sitting on the loo! I had a shower and watched a bit more of my DVD. Mum arrived today and Dad went home tired :-)!. Mum brought some mini pizza bases and toppings so I made a pizza, it was great a bit like home cooking. It was yummy, chicken, cheese and sweet corn. After that we watched celebrity come dine with me and we’re talking about trying to have an early night tonight. Not sure how but we’re gonna try! Mam also brought a diary from all my classmates, its started in January by Lorna and all the girls have written in it. Its really really fab and I’ve read most of it already!! Thanks Girls and also thanks for Ms. McGrath and Ms O’Grady! And a big huge thank you to Jack McGrath who ran a race and raised 860 euro for Temple Street Hospital!! Well done Jack. My weight is going down a little bit which is good. I have another virus which is not good. Also I have new rash. There is a chance that I will have skin biopsy this week which I am not looking forward to. I get some numbing cream on my skin and then a piece of skin is taken.. yuck.. hope it doesn’t hurt!!! I really feel I am getting better though cos I can touch my toes, just need to stop this going to the loo lark all the time and clear up those horrible viruses! Oh and thanks to Seadna and Maggie, for my makeup, Mum brought it over with her and we’re gonna have a makeover day, will send on the pics! And Isabel sorry to hear about your broken arm and thanks for the ‘all the single ladies’ photo!! Gonna sign off now , lots of love Naoise xxx

7 comments:

  1. hi naoise its great you liked the diary

    everyone got to write in it which was great

    that was great of jack to run that race for temple street

    thats great to hear about your weight but dont worry about the virus it will be over before you know it

    talk to you soon

    miss you

    rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naoise Really hope yrself & your mum get lots of sleep tonight u must be exhausted!

    sorry your still not feeling too good - hopefully the virus will clear up asap!

    The pizza sounds yummy - we sometimes use french bread instead of pizza base & try lots of different toppings!
    That was a lovely idea of your school pals to make a diary 4 u & for Jack to raise so much money for Temple Street!

    Glad u liked the make up - Séadna thinks a girl can never have enough make up! ;-) she even puts it on in the car with no mirror & makes a great job of it! she obviously doesn't take after me haha
    p.s. look 4ward to seeing pics of your makeover day!
    take care luv séadna & maggie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Naoise,
    That is good news that you can reach over and touch your toes, looks like a good sign! I hope your skin test goes ok, sounds sore but I'm sure it will be over in sec. It can't be worse than waxing! Ouch! The other day I made homemade pizza too but I eh kinda forgot about it being in the oven until I smelled something burning and saw smoke wafting around the kitchen..Maybe I should just stick to toasties!! I would say that you are the most glamorous girl in the whole hospital with your bag and makeup!! I agree with your friend, a girl can never have enough makeup..or shoes...or jewellery..or perfume..the list goes on! Anyway Naoise, I hope that you have a lovely day and get a good nights sleep this evening!
    bye!
    Emma xxx (chrissies friend)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Naoise,
    hope yrself & your mum had great sleep last night & u feel lots better 2day!
    Think this not sleeping thing is catching
    ;-) My problem was with one of the cats - when i went up to bed he decided to race up the stairs before me & no way was he getting off the bed Then Séadna got in beside me - so between us fighting for sum space & trying to keep the cat out the room we got very little sleep!!
    I'm going to put him outside 2night haha

    It's a miserable day here in Dublin - i'm working at home 2day & watching the clock!!
    Look forward to reading your Blog later!

    take care maggie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Naoise,

    Im so sorry you were up the last 2 nights, you poor pet, i really hope you get some sleep tonight. I hope your virus and your rash goes soon honey.

    Im glad you liked making your home made pizza, i love making home made pizzas too!
    Thats brilliant about the diary from your class, thats so lovely of them all. Im glad you liked it honey. Jack is so good for doing his race and for raising so much money. I saw Bridge and Aine yesterday, Aine is looking forward to her birthday.
    Take care honey. Miss you.
    Lots of love,
    Chrissie x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Naoise
    Hope you are doing better today. Maybe you're managing a nice girls spa makeup pampering day with your Mum and all your new makeup. If the weather in Newcastle is anything like it is here, it's the perfect day for that sort of thing!

    Jack & Caoimhe are on their Easter holidays and Cormac and Donncha are enjoying the full house. Though Caoimhe went over to her friends house where they made fairy cakes with pink icing (I saw them and thought you'd like them!). She is just back with all her cakes so she is very popular with her brothers right now!

    That was a lovely thought from Lorna & your classmates and teachers to make a diary for you. I'd say it was lots of fun to read. In years to come it will be a lovely memory for you to have. I had my 20 year school reunion (yikes!) last December and lots of people brought old photos and things like that and we all had a great laugh. Your diary will be something like that in years to come!

    We met Aine & Bridge and Aud, Phil & Kiel yesterday. They were very good to come along to support Jack in his run. We were very lucky with the weather. Jack enjoyed the day and so did everyone else. He has now raised over €1000 for Temple Street but he will tell you himself that that was thanks to you....everyone knows how good Temple Street has been to you and everyone is so impressed & proud of you and they expressed that in their generosity to Temple Street. So it was definitely some Naoise-Jack teamwork!

    After the race we popped in to visit the Clerkins and then had a lovely dinner at Nana & Gaga's. Bridge & Aine, Paula, Oisin & Caitlin were there too so there was plenty of noise!

    Donncha has just woken so I'd better go. Thinking of you and hope you're doing a bit better. You're absolutely right - touching your toes is just the beginning and I am keeping everything crossed that the "loo lark" (I like your turn of phrase ;-)), viruses & rash take it quickly in turn to go away. Best of luck with the skin biopsy, I hope it is not too sore.
    Lots of love
    Aisling

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete