Friday, April 24, 2009

Day +70 & +71

Hi all, sorry for not updating my blog yesterday but we just ran out of time and energy. Wow past 70 days, can’t believe it, wasn’t aware that I was signing up for such an ordeal, but there you are. The doctors tell me that I’ll get better and that I’m getting better, it is just hard to believe them, sometimes! Yesterday was an ok day, not much happened. The night before we were up about 9 times which meant I was kind of tired yesterday. Neither Paula or Amanda were in yesterday or today which is terrible because I like my play time with them. The big news yesterday was that I had my stitches from leg removed which was good. I didn’t have a dinner as such, but I had two banana and raspberry smoothies and a funny thing happened. Each day they take a sample of my blood for testing and yesterday afternoon it showed that my potassium levels were high and they didn’t know why – that is until I mentioned the bananas Ha Ha. Then there was today, let me give you an example of my night, last night I was up at 10:30; 11:15; 12:30; 1:15; 3:15; 3:40; 3:55; 4:40; 5:40; 6:20; 6:50 and 8:20 and then my day began. You can see from this why I’m often tired. Some nights I’m chatty and some I just want to get back to sleep as fast as I can. Funny but today I wasn’t as tired as I expected. I had another smoothie for breakfast then we watched Annie, which is great. My swelling has gone right down and my ankles almost look normal. After the movie the teacher came in and we did some work, which was very good. Then it was time for our afternoon nap. I had my now normal dinner of salmon, potatoes and parsley sauce. Dad over cooked the salmon. He also got a new radio – which he says only plays sports, lucky dad!. After dinner we caught Friends. Aine called later full of news, it was great to talk to her. Then we are watched Hells Kitchen. I wonder would they think of running Hells Bone Marrow! That’s all from Newcastle, nite nite Love Naoise. PS thanks Audrey & Chrisy for my HSM duvet. Hi little Peter – welcome to my blog & I can’t wait to see you and hi to little Ronan.

7 comments:

  1. hi naoise

    your not the only one whose dad can over cook salmon.My dad would do the same.

    are the same the both like sports.

    talk to you later

    rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naoise,that is the best news what the doctor said that you are going to get better it has been such a long haul for you and we are well aware of all your pain and sleepless night s,God eventually took his hearing aid out and started to listen to everyones prayers.We had a lot of rain today and your beautiful tulips are coming out in full bloom and I might callthem Naoise the brave tulips.Keep up the fight we all know how hard its been ,perhapa we dont ,but weall rooting for you Naoise,Lots of love x x xJimmy and Una

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Naoise,
    Missed your blog yesterday but having seen how many times you are up at night I can so understand why you'd be short on energy. Caitlin is teething and is quite grumpy at night but I'm never going to complain about being tired again!!

    I hope Paula or Amanda are around tomorrow to keep you entertained. I'm delighted your Dad got himself a new radio, I know he has been looking for one for a while, pity it only plays sports tho', LOL. That's great news that the swelling is going down.

    It rained most of today so we didn't get up to too much. Oisin is going to his friends party tomorrow, he is so excited. Sadhbh is always heading off to parties and he is left behind so he is delighted that the tables will be turned. I don't think Sadhbh is too bothered but she has to pretend to be just to make it more special for him.

    I bought myself some pink sparkly runners, I was thinking of you when I paid for them, I think you'd like them a lot.

    You must be all excited about Emma's visit on Sunday. I'm sure you are dying to see a new face, nice and all as your Mum and Dad's and Nana Bobs faces are!

    Tomorrow is Audrey's due date, so exciting!

    Till tomorrow Naoise. lots of love, Paula xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Naoise,
    Rash gone,swelling down,docs say you are getting better what great news .Maybe stem army is winning already.What you think Lilian being a grannie .It is great Emma is coming to see you ,i am sure you will have loads to talk about.No news from here still very very hot 39 today,would love some of your co;d and rain.Hope you sleep a bit better tonite and keep improving,you are always in my thoughts and prayers.Lots of love GAGA XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Naoise,

    I didn't have a chance to post last night, but I read your update before I went to bed and was delighted that things were getting a little better.

    NaNa text me this morning about your night, I believe it was a really rough one. I'm so sorry. You must be exhausted today. You poor pet. I really hope you are asleep right now.

    It'll be loevly to see your friend tomorrow, especially since the hospital is so quite at the weekends.

    The weather is crapy here today, cold and wet. Darren has brought Eva to football, and the others have all gone to watch; thank God I get out of Saturday mornings, not my idea of fun.

    Anyway, really hope you catch up on your sleep today, and that last night was a once off super crap night. We're thinking of you always.

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey naoise!!!
    hope you got the email!
    I didnt know u liked hells kitche i luv that show.....But Marco is really annoying and i dont like him Speak to you soon

    JuLiA XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Naoise
    Sounds like good news from the docs. Your nighttime schedule looks very familiar at the moment as Peter is a hungry little thing. I really like your idea about copying hells kitchen...maybe a "hells we have a new baby and he won't stop eating!". But he's such a little cutie its all worth it. I'll try to send you some more pics.

    All the best

    Mary, Ian & Peter

    ReplyDelete