Monday, March 9, 2009

Day +25


Hi Everyone, today was a good day and I didn't feel sad at all. I got sick in the morning but felt much better afterwards. The teacher came and we did some maths. I finished my Nelson Mandela project and its now on the wall. Mum and I watched the second part of Legally Blonde. We played at bit on the Wii again, Mum did her jogging she is trying to burn off all her calories and I'm trying to put them on :-). We have a competition every Friday so we are all practising hard to beat each other. The teacher came again in the afternoon and we did some more maths, easy fractions this time it was grand. My bloods are down again Neutrophils are 0.82, I'm getting another boost to make them go up tomorrow. My platelets are going up on their own, they are now 107! A little boy called Dylan who has been on the ward for +49 gets to go to the half way house tomorrow, hopefully we will be there soon too!. It would be sooo great I'm itching to get out of here, even to walk down the corridor would be fab! I did my usual daily ritual had my shower and watched Friends. I ate some chicken for lunch and then I got sick but felt well enough to have a bowl of rice for dinner. All this getting sick is not putting me off food at all! I lost a bit of weight today so I have to start eating more and drinking lots of milk. I got a lovely surprise in the post today, Bridget's friend Caitrin sent me a package, it was make your own St. Paddy's Day card. Its great as I'm making one for all the nurses and they are gonna be so cool. Thanks Caitrin,the cards you send are lovely too!! Am so looking forward to my party, Westlife are going to be played all day long and we are going to have digestive biscuits with green icing..! And Lisa the nurse from Scotland got me some green and orange nail varnish.. can't wait to paint my nails. She is the best!! Gonna log off and watch All Stars Family Fortunes, its on every night and I've become a bit of an addit. Lots of Love Naoise xxx

10 comments:

  1. Hi Naoise,
    Glad to hear that you felt a bit happier today. Your St Patricks Day party sounds great. If I was going to it my party piece would be that I can make my tongue into the shape of a shamrock!! Digestive biscuits with green icing sounds like a great idea for Paddy's day and I am sure even with my great baking skills (NOT) that I could manage that. Hope you get a good night sleep tonight honey.
    Lots of Love,
    Aunty Audy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naoise
    Glad today was so good, your post made us smile lots. Audrey's reply about rolling her tongue into a shamrock made us laugh as well!! That'd be a good challenge to put to the nurses & doctors - the prize could be a green digestive! That's a great idea by the way...we're going to make some too.... Keep the ideas flowing!
    Sleep tight & my fingers & toes are all crossed for your bloods going up, up, up! You'll be following little Dylan soon to the half way house. Lots of Love & sleep tight, Aisling

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Naoise,
    Glad to hear you had a good day today, you are being so positive about everything you really are an inspiration. Unfortunately I missed you on the radio but my friend Liam (emily's father) heard you and he said you sounded great and came across really well. Your party sounds like it will be a lot of fun. make sure your mum keeps up her jogging on the Wii!!! :-)
    Hopefully you have a good nights sleep, believe me i know what it's like not being able to sleep, i have suffered with it for years.
    Take Care
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Naoise, just read Audy's post...I can make my tongue into the shape of a shamrock too. Guess it must be in the gene's!! She may have started a new craze. Sleep tight...Michael

    PS: Do you know where the phrase sleep tight comes from.....apparently, long ago when mattresses were made of straw and held toether with rope, the last thing before you went to sleep, you pulled the rope tight to make the bed more comfortable..hence the phrase "night, night, sleep tight!" Ask your nurses if they know this also??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Naoise,

    You look much better. The St Patricks card set looks really cool. I would say your party will be great.Got to go to school now. will ring you later. lots and lots of love. Emma, Barbara, Shanuna, Anna and Mimzy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Naoise,
    I'm delighted you felt brighter yesterday (sorry, bit late posting!) - I hope today is as good. I hope you get to follow Dylan really soon!

    I can roll my tongue into a shamrock shape too, must definitely be in the genes - you might have inherited it, try it and let us know.

    I have to bring Caitlin for her injections now. Will log on later to see how your day went. Have a good one, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Naoise,
    Im so glad your day was a bit better. Hope you have a good nights sleep tonight. And i hope you will be following Dylan to the half way house really soon honey. Your Patricks day party sounds brilliant, i love the idea of the green digestives! And the I-Factor sounds brilliant! Im not sure what my party piece would be, I can sort of roll my tongue into a shamrock but i have my tongue pierced so its harder for me to do it but i use to be able to do it so its defo in all our genes! Can you do it Naoise? You may of inherited it! When i was little in PE in school i use to be able to do a walking crab so maybe that would be my party piece!
    Good luck with your wii competition on Friday! I was at my friend Aoifee handbag party last night, it was brilliant! I got two lovely handbags and one of them is a Fendi!
    Hope you have a good day today! Take care!
    Lots of love,
    Aunty Chrissie x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heya Naoise,
    Its great your getting better.
    It sounds like your going to be having a GREAT time on Paddy's Day!! Fancy you getting to have Westlife perform
    in your room!! By the way just noticed your windows are fabulous!!!! I love the movie Legally Blonde and the second one is super 2!! I also like the sing star Hannah Montana! We are in the middle of making you a St Patricks Day card!! Maths fractions are very easy! I can see why you like them!!
    Well have to go to school now.
    Love you loads miss you loads
    Ailbhe xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Naoise,
    Glad you are a little bit better,Jimmy and I went to town a got some St Patricks things to decorate your room for your party ,we will send them over with your Dad or Mam in time for the party, its great reading all about the things you do in the day in spite of you not feeling so well sometimes.Ill say again you a real trooper.We check your blog every day and its so uplifing .
    Loads and loads of love,
    Jimmy and Una

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Naoise
    I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. I hope you beat your mum in the wii jogging. I was playing GAA after school today. I scored a goal. My brother Donncha broke 3 glass bottles outside. Cormac told him to break the first two. They both got in trrouble. We had a new dinner tonight. Donncha and I liked it but Cormac didn't and Caoimhe wasn't sure of it. My rugby team is goinng for a march in Wicklow on St Patricks day but I don't want to because we go to the Bray festival with our cousins and it has amusement rides. My dad says you might be able to go on a walk tomorrow to the carpark. I'm glad you can do that.
    Good Luck
    Jack

    ReplyDelete