Monday, March 23, 2009

Day +38


Day +38
Hello Everyone, sorry I didn’t update my blog yesterday, we had a bit of a poo and a sore tummy situation going on. Its still going on and I still don’t feel so good. Today I’m going to sleep and watch DVDs. Mum is trying to persuade me to eat something but I’m not that keen. I said I might try a Ritz biscuit later on. I need to have shower today for sure as I wasn’t well enough yesterday. I didn’t have a great night either, I was up a lot and also my blood pressure went down a bit. My temperature is fine today and doctors have started giving me codine again which really helps the pains in my tummy. Yesterday was Sunday which was a quiet day in the hospital. I slept for most of the day and then I watched dancing on ice. I had a bit of feed through my tube. I’m on transfusions of steroids to try and get rid of my Graft Versus Host Disease, I am so hoping they will help to make me feel better very soon. Its sunny here and I would love to feel well enough to take a walk. My bloods are doing OK on their own my neutrophil count is 0.92 which has gone up in the last few days on its own so I haven’t needed any GCSF. Today my blood went for the test which will tell us the percentage of donor cells versus mine. This is really important for me and so keep everything crossed that there will be more donor cells than mine!. Talk to you later Love Noaise xxx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Naoise
    Im sure the meds will kick in very quickly and you will start to feel better again. I know if must be very hard but try to keep focused on getting outside again into that sunshine. Wasnt Dancing on Ice brilliant - I was so happy Ray won. Thinking of you all the time. Love Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Naoise, We will keep everything we can crossed here for good results. I will even try to cross the rabbits ears !! Just kidding we are thinking of you and hope you feel better again soon. Loved Dancing on Ice.. really glad Ray won and loved all the costumes.. maybe that could be another thing to do whan you get better xxxxx
    P.S Say a big Hi to your Mum from mine and tell her stay strong we are praying for her too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Naoise,i wil definetly keep my fingers crossed for you.i watched Dancing on Ice aswell!!!!!i was so glad Ray won!!!!!He was much better than the Donald Duck guy.thinking of you all the time. i still cant believe how strong you are!!!!i`ve been havin a bad day myself but when i think of you i remind myself that its just a silly thing .lots of kisses(look below)CIARA xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Naoise, it's Ciara'a little sister Ellen here. I all way s think abaut you.Im sorry to hear that you had such a sore tummy. I'm happy about school today ,I don't know why, I just am.I hope you feel a bit better tomorrow like me today! love Ellen xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Naoise, i am praying for you over here in France and I lit 2 candles for you yesterday in the Cathedral. I really hope that you are feeling a bit better and that the results of your blood test will be good! I know that you will be feeling better soon and then you can get out for your little walk! You are so brave Naoise!
    Lots of love, Emma (chrissies friend) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Naoise
    So sorry to hear that you are still feeling bad,I am sure you are fed up with being so brave all the time. We checked your blog as soon as we got home from school to see how you are doing, Ella has made you a card in playschool and we are goimg to post it to you today, she told her teacher your favorite colour is pink, so you will see how pink she made your card. We missed the final last night of dancing on Ice because we played a tennis tournament but I guessed Ray was going to win he was brilliant all the way through. Well better go and post your card.

    from Isabelle and Sophie xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Naoise

    I'm sorry to hear that you're still not well, but it sounds like you are starting to feel a little better. Fingers crossed it won't be long before you're able to take a walk out in the sunshine again.

    I mentioned last week that some of my friends danced the shim sham on St Patrick's day. You can check out their performance on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV6AFX5XtzE if you'd like. Remember Maeve liked the 'hip push' move, and Sarah Grainger was a fan of the 'tacky Annie'. Everyone is dressed in maid and chef uniforms as a tribute to Frankie Manning who will be 95 years old this year. He appeared in this clip from Hellzapoppin in 1941 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTg5V2oA_hY. He taught me some swing dancing last year in Italy, aged 93!!

    When you're feeling better, I think we should start training together for the Dancing on Ice contest, and use some of the moves from the 1941 film!

    Lots of hugs and best wishes
    Ms Walshe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Naoise,
    So sorry you haven't been well and are feeling so sick. Really hope you start to feel better soon and can enjoy your DVD's and get out for a walk.
    Thinking of you
    Love and best wishes
    Anne.

    ReplyDelete