Thursday, March 12, 2009

Day +28


Hi Everyone, today was so so so much better than yesterday cos I didn't get sick at all!! I felt a bit sick a few times but I was grand. Today I had a waffle for breakfast, then the teacher came and we did some English. We wanted to go for a walk so mum ran into town and got me some clothes, she got me a pair of pink skinny jeans and some t-shirts and a jumper. When mum got back we discovered the security tag was still on the jeans, Mum was wondering why all the alarms were going off in every shop she went into! Paula and Andy came while mum was in town. I did all my Wii and physical exercises. Then I had a bowl of rice crispies which weren't very nice so I had a packet of crisps instead, its great eating whatever you fancy! We went for a walk outside today we bought some chocolate buttons and I ate the whole pack. We couldn't sit on a bench to watch the world go by cos there were all soaking wet it had been raining. We met some of the docs and Andy on our travels so we stopped for few chats. I was so so tired when I got back but have to have my shower.. that woke me up a bit. Then mum changed my line and then I had some mini chicken fillets for dinner. The doc came and is happy with me. My neutraphil count today is 1.72 which is not bad as I didn't have my blood booster medicine. The best news of the day is that my anti-rejection drugs have been halved which means I am not hooked up to any machines from around 1 to 8! It means I can actually go to the bathroom!! I can also give myself my medicines through my tubes.. although I spilt a bit on my bed and started screaming and gave Mum the fright of her life... she said I was a bit of a drama queen.. I wonder where I get that from :-)...!! Thanks to Collete, Dara and Fred for the lovely card and the fake tatoos... we're giving the nurses the 'kiss me I'm Irish ones :-))! Thats all for now... TTF Naoise xxx

10 comments:

  1. Hi Naoise, I'm Ellen from Ms Early's second class.Ciara from Ms Walshe's 4th class and your art class is my big sister. I am so glad that you didn't get sick today and that you had a good time going outside. I wish you well everyday!! I'm a bit of a drama queen too!!! Love Ellen xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great you had a good day, reading back on some of your old blogs just shows how far you have come and how well you are now. You need to give yourself a good clap on the back. Today we brought our cousin Lucy to get her ears pierced as she is making her communion this year. I(Sophie) bought cool shamrock earrings. We made St. Patrick days hats in school. Well keep up the great work in getting better.
    Love Sophie and Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Naoise! Delighted to hear your feeling better today.:D Isn't it great to be allowed out for a few hours. You must feel so free:D Hope your party goes well and happy St. Paddy's Day:)Don'tforget to wear your shamrock! Talk soon love Trish, Pat and Ian:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Naoise,
    It's all good news today with your drugs being halved and you feeling better and you got to go outside again, yay! What a perfect excuse for new clothes!

    Oisin learned how to ride his bike today, he wants to be able to cycle to montessori like some of the other boys in his class. We might try it tomorrow.

    I hope you have another good day tomorrow!! You are doing so well, you're amazing! We're all so proud of you. Lots of love, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi honey soooooo happy u werent sick today ur improving all the time well done babe.id say u enjoy the little walks outside its great to just get out to see other faces and get air.
    its brill u can give urself ur meds u wont need any nurses only kidding.
    pink skinnys sound amazing love it..ur poor mam was beeping everywhere that happened me b4 soooo embarrasing.
    me and chrissy skipped our fitness class cause i had to work late im sad i missed her today.
    keep up the good work lovexxxxxx big kiss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Naoise honey,
    Glad to hear that you felt better today and did'nt get sick. Its great that you got out for a walk again today and new clothes always helps to cheer a girl up!!

    Just back from visiting your Dad and had some lovely homemade scones, they were yummy. Phil was hoping that there would be some of Bridgets Madeira cake there that I could rob for him, he loves it. Have a few days off work now for Paddys week-end so looking forward to that and on countdown now, 6 weeks to my due date and 3 weeks to when I finish up in work. We still can't decide on a boys name for this babs (thats if it is a boy) so if you have any suggestions send them our way.
    Take care honey,
    Lots of love, Audy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Naoise,
    Great you are able to get out in the fresh air and have a chat here and there.You are even smiling when you are injecting yourself.God news you did not get sick,and your blood is up.Are you all set for your Paddys Day party ,we do not have a Paddys Day here so my thoughts will me at yours.Say hello your Mum.Love GaGa xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Naoise,
    Great to hear u didn't get sick - hope that continues! It must be lovely to be able to get away from your room & get out & about & catch up with everyone.
    Sounds like yrself & your mum will make brilliant nurses with all this training ;-))

    Sadhbh is coming over this afternoon - Hope their not planning on Rollerblading - cos it's so hard to keep up with them!!

    take care
    luv séadna & maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi Naoise
    So delighted to see the fab photos of you outside. Your pink skinny jeans sound cool. Well done to your Mum! Oh and by the way I have no doubt where you got the drama queen tendencies from!!! Sorry Michelle :-) Keep up the super work, Naoise. Love Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello honey,
    Im so glad you had a better day and that you werent sick. Thats great that you got some lovely new clothes. I love the sound of your pink shinny jeans, id say they are gorgeous! Thats brilliant that you went for another walk today. And thats great news about your neutraphil count and anti rejection drugs. Well done Naoise, you are doing great!
    Are you all set for your Patricks day party? I have the day off work for Patricks day, so im looking forward to that.
    Take care honey.
    Lots of love,
    Aunty Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete