Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day +33







Hi everyone, today I had a very busy day getting ready for my party, having the party and getting over the party. But it was a mixed day. I really enjoyed my party, but I have a upset tummy that has made me feel sick for the past couple days and today I felt terrible for a lot of the day. I woke up not too early and had a banana milkshake for breakfast, then we watched the DVD of my Oscar Party, this was the first time I had seen it and I really enjoyed seeing everybody, although it made me slightly sad as I’m missing my family and friends. Thanks Pat, the DVD is bill. Some of my morning meds make me sleepy, so I had a little nap after the video. When I woke up, Dad and I decorated the room – it looked brilliant and everybody on the ward commented on how well it was – so thanks to everybody who sent me cards, balloons, bobbins, pictures, posters, flashing necklaces, tea shits, stickers and ceiling decorations. The party started at 2, we had find the leprechaun and biscuit painting as well as dancing and singing – check out some of the photos (I will have many more, but my dial up internet connection is too slow. I have to say I thought the physiotherapists were the best.. but I shouldn’t say that because the voting is on tomorrow. Thanks Paula for helping me with the party and i-factor. I had my dinner after the party. I was too tired for my walk so I just had a rest. The doctor came in later in the evening and told me that they are taking me off the rest of my immune suppression drugs so as to encourage my graft to improve. I hope it does, I’m at 55% donor’s cells and 45% of my own. I watched friends, near the end Sanjay, one of the doctors, came in to say Happy St Patrick Day and he and I had a singing competition on the Wii. He won, but I was very tired – thats my excuse. Thanks to everybody both here on the ward as well as all the good wishes that I got from home. I miss everybody. That’s all for now, I’m very tired and I’m going asleep. Love Naoise.

8 comments:

  1. hi naoise how are you feeling? HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY.you forgot to tell us about what your doc said to you yesterday naoise what songs is on the sing star hope you are feeling ok-is-ay love colleen
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naoise,

    The photos of your party are great and you look lovely in all your green. Glad to hear you had fun at it, can't wait to find out who won the i-factor. Sorry to hear you were feeling sick today, hopefully your tummy feels better tomorrow.

    We went into the parade today, to be honest it was hard work. Town was so packed but we managed to get a spot that we could see a bit but Kiel got very tired after watching it for about 40 mins so we were at home by 2. Then Kiels Nanna Taylor came for dinner. We have tomorrow off work too so looking forawrd to a lazy day.

    Hope you get a good night sleep honey and that your tummy feels better tomorrow. We will say lots of prayers that the donar cells versus yours keeps increasing.
    Lots of love,
    Audy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Naoise,
    Glad your party went well, will await the results of the I-factor eagerly! Your room sounds like it was well decorated.
    I hope your tummy improves!

    We had a lovely walk over Howth head, not so easy with a buggy. We had chips on the Pier though Oisin gave most of his to the seagulls.

    Hope you feel better tomorrow. It must be great to be rid of the feeding tube.

    Take care pet, lots of love, Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Naoise,
    i would say your party was great, i would have loved to be there. It was Anna's birthday on Monday and we went to Dundrum to get her a build a bear. I will ring you tonight if i can. BFN. Emma
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Naoise,

    Your party sounds great. You must have been wrecked after it, hosting is really hard work!

    I really feel for you with all this sick tummy, you poor pet. Plese God it'll pass soon.

    The i factor sounds deadly, glad your guests weren't shy and didn't mind singing!

    Hope you get out for your walk today, it's a beautiful spring day in Dublin.

    Take Care, lots of love,

    Nina, Darren, Eva, Keelin, Senan and Connell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Naoise,
    Im so glad you enjoyed your party! Your photos are great! Your room looks brilliant all decorated and you look so lovely all in green! I cant wait to find out who won the I-Factor!!
    I didnt go to the parade yesterday, i just went into town to the pub and had a few drinks. Town was so busy, it was packed.

    Im so sorry that you have an upset tummy, i really hope you feel better soon. I will say loads of prayers that the donar cells versus yours keep increasing.
    Take care honey. Miss you.
    Love Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey naoise!its hannah
    for patricks i went to achill.it was great.
    u sounded fab on radio,my whole family listened!! i will send you an e-mail
    bye!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi naoise loved your party i went to florida for st patricks day it was really good hope your donar cells verus yours are increasing

    love from rachael

    ReplyDelete