Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day +27





Hi Everyone, well today the big news is that I went outside!! I woke up after not a bad nights sleep. I'm getting used to being off the drugs that make me sleepy. The mummy read to me for a while, then I had a ham wrap and finished watching our DVD. Then I was so excited waiting on my tranfusion to end so I could go out. I got dressed but then felt really ill and got sick but the good thing was I managed not to get any of it on my clothes as they are the only set we have here in Newcastle!! It was so weird wearing my skinny jeans again and the strangest of all was wearing socks and shoes..!! We set off and walked out to the hospital entrance.. not a sore ankle or hip pain in sight. We decided to bring a packet of crisps, so we sat on the bench and ate them. Then we walked around the side entrance back into the hospital. By that time my legs felt a bit wobbly because I was tired. Then when I got back I had a bit of chicken for lunch and then guess what I was sick again! Then Paula came and told us there was a helipcopter outside so off we went again and sat on the bench and watched the helicopter it was huge!! It got a bit cold then so we headed back to my room. Andy came and I did my Wii excercises, he let me off my physical excercises because I had been for a walk. Yay! Then Paula came and we finished our invite to the party. We just have to hang it up outside now and we're done. Then I had my shower, then guess what happened.. I was sick again!! After that I felt better and had a cheese wrap. I didn't do very well taking drinks today so I have to have a drip with some water in while I sleep along with my feed. Yesterday I had some medicine to boost my blood levels up so they are good today, my neutrophils are 2.17. Will hopefully have the donor versus me test results again this week so fingers crossed my percentages will be up again! I can go out everyday now between tranfusions and however many times I like. When I came back I took off my ugg boots and socks and I had a rash because my feet are not used to them, it was a heat rash! I watched my usual double bill of Friends and then Mummy learned how to change the dressing on my line. I'm very nervous getting my dressing changed and never seem to get used to it. Mummy did well though and I will let her do it again tomorrow if she behaves herself :-)). Mummy thought she was a surgeon when she put the gloves and the hair net on. TTFN Love Naoise xxx Loads of thanks to Nana for the Paddys Day Card..thanks to Marie from the clontarf Credit Union for her card and thanks to Daddy, Bridget and Aine for my mini card! I love getting post from home. TTFN love Noaise xxxx Oh and very funny Brian Byrne for your joke about me being a car park attendant now!! xxxx

12 comments:

  1. hi naoise !!!!!!!!!!!! was it fun going out side. i hope your party is good it sounds brill. love roro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi naoise how are you .You look great in all the pics.Miss you loads .

    love emma and mimzy:)

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you look brilliant in the pictures. love your hat, we have one each just like it. You sound and look so so so so so much better, hopefully the sickness will ease off.We are having a party for St.Patricks day in school, I might be playing my violin for it (The National Antheim). Love reading your blog everyday and have shown some of my friends who think you are really cool and brave. Well best go to bed now.
    love

    Sophie and Isabelle xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Naoise,
    O thats so brilliant that you went outside today for a walk! Well done honey! Thats great that you get to go out every day now! You look so gorgeous in your photos! I love your outfit, your uggs and your skinny jeans are just gorgeous! Thats cool that there was a helicopter outside today! Im sorry you got sick a lot today hopefully you will feel a bit better tomorrow!
    How is all your plans for your St Patricks day party coming along? Hope its all going well.
    Take Care honey! Miss you!
    Love you so much,
    Aunty Chrissie x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Naoise,
    That is brialliant that you got to go outside for a little walk. I am delighted for you. You look gorgeous in the photos, your outfit is so trendy. Sorry to hear you were sick alot today. I have all my fingers and toes crossed that the percentages of donor versus your cells keeps going up.
    Lots of love,
    Audy

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi naoise
    oh my god u finally got to go outside xxxxx id say it felt great to get some fresh air and ur legs were not sore or anything ur amazing ur doing so well honey keep up the good work.xxx
    im sorry u keep being sick it must be awfull but ur body is prob just trying to get back to normal after all the drugs ur doing so good.
    i loved the photos of u outside i loved ur hat so cute and ur skinnys.
    well some news we had the handbag swap party it was great we all swapped bags had some nice cocktails and had a choc fountain mmmm was amazing .it was fun night u wud have liked it.
    im so happy got a green tracksuit to fly the irish flag for us hope the party plans r going well .
    talk tomor honey hope u feel better.xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Naoise,
    Great to see you up and about outside, you look great. it must have been great for you to get out of your room. If you keep going the wy your gong you will be home in no time.
    keep smiling.
    Take care
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Naoise
    Its lovely to see your photos of u outside u look so happy! It must have been great to get into your clothes again & go for a walk!

    Hopefully the sickness will wear off soon & u will feel much better!

    Hope yr mum behaved herself & u let change your dressing!! Tell her myself & séadna said hello!
    Looks like yr going to have a great St Paddys day!
    Take care
    Maggie & Séadna xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Naoise,

    Huge congrats on getting out for a walk. Your smile says it all. Delighted to see you looking so happy.

    Hopefully you will have a better day sickness wise and we are still saying a prayers that the donor levels continue to rise.

    Love Niamh and Davie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cool are these .... outside photos already !!! Really delighted to see you getting better and better every week.

    Ken. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi naoise hope you are well i cant belivie you went outsise well done because you have been stuck in your room for a long time hope the party goes well
    lots of love Colleen
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Naoise!!!!!!!!!!Its Ciara from 4th class again.So glad to see(i mean read)you are able to go outside!!!! Sorry to hear you got sick 3 times!It must be weird wearing shoes for the first time in a few months!!!I hope you have a fantastic Paddy`s day!!!My Auntie came over 2day and she said that in America if you don`t wear green on Paddy`s day someone pinches you!!!!W.E.I.R.D!!! LOVE Ciara

    ReplyDelete